Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't open on my iPhone

Solved!

Spotify won't open on my iPhone

I was using the app just fine an hour ago on my iPhone and now I can't even open it an hour later without it closing half a second later. I'm a paid user. Please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Some people have said this post fixes it for them:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Crash-on-iOS-8-still/m-p/943111/high...

Worth a shot.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Could you try restarting the iphone by holding the Home and Power buttons until the apple logo cmes up.

Moving this:

Accounts --> iOS. 🙂

Peter

It might also help to quit out of all your other apps. It might be a little memory intensive for your phone.

Hi, Since some days back I've had the same issue. It crashes on launch, but if I switch to Airplane Mode, starts spotify, don't answer the dialog that informs me about Airplane Mode it sometimes starts. I have tried a proper reset of the iphone. 

Hello,

After you reseted your phone did it work?

Thanks!!

Nope, resetting phone, reinstalling spotify and numerous attempts to give it 3g/2g, wlan etc didn't do much, it seems only to delay the crash sometimes. But what did work was to after reinstall never use the filter options to only show offline playlists. If I leave that on and restart the app it crashes and I have to reinstall.

I have read that the problem started after the IOS8 update. There is nothing we can do, apotify has to have a new release update.
Marked as solution

Some people have said this post fixes it for them:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Crash-on-iOS-8-still/m-p/943111/high...

Worth a shot.

Peter

I have an Iphone 7 plus running IOS 11.1.2.  A few moments ago Spotify wouldn't load.  All I get is "An error occurred try again."  I powered the phone down, started it up again and the problem is still there.  I then eliminated the Spotify app and reloaded it again from the App Store.  Spotify still doesn't work.  Can anyone help me with this annying problem?

BTW, Spotify works fine on my MacBook Pro running 10.13.1.

Suggested posts