Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

Dear Spotify Support,

I have the same problem with offline sync on the windows app. I have a windows 10 computer how run fine with a good network.

I never had any problem, I'm customer since 2 years and like some people here we need some answer from the support.

snip_20160222224137.png

As support can see the playlist don't want to start the sync since 2 weeks. Also the sync from local files to iPhone is also broken.

Please support we don't need some basic answer ( do you have more than 3 devices... etc) we ever tryied all the solution.

So we just need someone answer, even to say spotify team is on the problem and we will make some speaking about with you.

Best regards.

Same problem here, since a few weeks. I'll have to look for different streaming service, if there won't be any patch for this soon...

I had the same problem. It was right after I updated the app. All I had to do was log out and log back in. Hopefully that helps!

having the same issue for about a week now....albums/playlists wont download to my phone...its just stuck on "waiting for download"...

i'm on ISO 8,3 on iphone 6, i have about 9 gigs of free space, i've tried to restart the phone, restart spotify, logging in and out...nothing seems to help...including the solutions earlier in this thread....any new data on this? comments from spotify? any suggestions....PLS!

so i think i narrowed down the problem. i think spotifz thinks i'm out of space on the phone, even though i have  about 9 gb of free space (either that or there is some kind of limitation on the number of tracks u can have). any solution for this?

what are you talking about please? i just want to re-download spotify premium web player again (& again) - the good one with full screen & lyrics button & for my playlists to stay downloaded? please advise thanx p e a c e

Today the client started to sync the offline playlists again. Since I hadn't changed anything on my part, I guess it was fixed by Spotify. Thanks!

Hi all!

Today Spotify got a new update, what was fixed my offline sync issue! 🙂

VersionsVersions

Thank you Spotify!

Best,
Andras

it's been like two years and this still doesn't work. it just says "waiting to download" forever

@neinmal Do you have enough free space?

What is the point? Spotify doesnt do enough to keep their app updated. I use Spotify for ipod touch, and I have previously complained about saved music doesnt work offline. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. If im going out and want to make sure it works, I have to enable wifi, open Spotify and start playing a song. Then i can turn off wifi and itll play. BUT, like just now, when I wanted to have some music on in the background, I opened Spotify while wifi had been off for an hour maybe. I changed to my most recent list, and clicked on an album I had saved. IT DIDNT **bleep**ING WORK.

I was greeted by the text: "You have not saved anything from <this album>. Save this album to keep it in Your Music."

AND THE AVAILABLE OFFLINE SWITCH WAS TURNED TO GREEN.

This means I have to access wifi to get access to my SAVED MUSIC, because Spotify doesnt just work like it should or how they say it does, and Im starting to believe they are incompetent. At handling their own software!

**bleep** this **bleep**. I might as well go back to pirating music. Or go with the hassle of ripping all my cds and have to deal with itunes and all the hassle that comes with that.

CAUSE RIGHT NOW IT SEEMS TO BE THE BETTER OPTION.

I found Spotify to have an apparent limit to how much space it can use. Also theres the 3,333 songs downloaded limit, which is stupid. Im on ipod touch and had that problem where it just said "waiting to download." My fix was delete the app and redownload. It works now. For downloading... Oh, the limit then seemed to be about 20GB. But it couldve been the issue with mentioned problem..

Had another experience. I had my wifi on the ipod and switched from spotify to using youtube and safari. The wifi was on all the time. So i remembered i wanted to add another band to what im following, so switched back to spotify. Was greeted with the same lame message, "You havent saved anything from this album...". It was there only briefly, because wifi was on all the time, but that goes to show how **bleep** their offline mode is when it resets its "memory" even with a stable internet connection.

And it still uses more battery than safari. Even when theres only room for one new page! (You can have about 16 or so pages open at once. Thats what i mean.)

**bleep** this app! It uses too much battery. Even offline! I might drop the whole thing and use the ipod the way its normally used: ripping cds, one after another, using the built in player.

What does it mean when it says waiting to download??

Had a change of point of view.
Spotify offers a lot of really good and great things. You can easily look up new and old artists that youve heard of or been curious about. Its easy and you can stream to things like chromecast audio and that works well. And on pc (think you can do this in conjunction with another app) get lyrics to the songs youre playing. Would be cool and great if there is or was an offline mode for that, so you could download lyrics for songs or albums of the entire catalogue of an artist. Thatd be great.

On the downside, as ive mentioned several times before, the offline mode for me doesnt work 100%, unfortunately. I wish it did. Theres not a whole lot og variations of specs when it comes to ios. Theres way more variations that run android. So maybe harder to keep track of that and keep it in running order there.

Its just when they said it will work, and even the guy i talked to from apple on the phone said you could, and it doesnt really work, eventhough i have a valid subscription and ive been online in the last 30 days, i couldve been online earlier in the day and later on i can attempt to open spotify to listen to some music and access my recent list and three white spots shows its loading and it just doesnt work, i cant help but feel dissappointed. I might switch to ripping music to my pc, just dig out all the albums i want to rip to it and do that, atleast till they fix the instability just to have a way to listen to music that i know will work, internet connection or not.

I went out the other day and after i left the house i switched to spotify and selected a few albums to see if it worked. Both had a little green symbol next to them indicating that they had been downloaded, so i tried and the three white spots showed up attempting to load, but with no luck. So i kept walking, with headphones on vonnected to my music player and just started imagining i was listening to music, playing songs in my head from memory. On the go, for me, its useless. At home or with an internet connection it has a lot going for it. I just want it to be better. I want it to work.

REQUEST/QUESTION: is it possible to stream to chromecast audio from a desktop pc that has only a wired connection to a wireless router? That would be excellent! As i prefer having a cabled connection over a wireless one. Would be happy for any feedback!

i'm having a problem downloading some of my music i check my memory and my internet and its all good, what sould i do to play the music?

-bj7

should*

-bj7

My songs won't sync to offline, the arrow appears but won't turn green for offline

Running Windows 8.1 Single Language 64 Bit(6.3, Build 9600)

using spotify ver 1.0.26.132.ga4e3ccee

previous version didnt work, updated to this version and still i cant sync offline.

deleted my 3rd offline device, also a win laptop so now i have two(2) this and an android running spotify and the android device is working fine.

haven't reached the 3.3k song limit, with around 200gb free disk space also.

and i still cant sync this laptop.

Mine keeps telling me I need to unlock premium but  don't want to

Suggested posts