Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Solved!

Spotify won't sync songs to offline mode

Hi! I'm using Spotify 0.7.4.35, on my iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3. In online mode Spotify works ok, but I can't download playlists to offline mode. I switch on "available offline" on a playlist, but the songs won't sync (sometimes the first song gets marked with an orange exclamation mark and that's it). I use Spotify on 4 platforms, but not at once, and I just have offline playlist on two of them (one now that it doesn't work on my iPhone). This is very annoying since I usually use Spotify when I have no internet connection. Anyone having the same problems? Thankful for help.
401 Replies

10G. works fine on my iPad 2

Why is that? (It pretty much removes my reason for getting premium)

No it does, it's just that it won't do all the songs in my playlist to my
iPhone 4s. It syncs them all to my iPad 2 just fine. I'm trying to find a
solution to my 4s issue.

I'm paying premium so I should be able to listen to any playlist and browse any song offline but Spotify doesn't let me. I feel like I'm getting played.

Hey,

check this link, there is a stupid limitation of 3,333 song per devices 😉

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/why-does-spotify-sometimes-stop-syncin...

I maxed out my available offline tracks and I get a download error everytime I open the app on WiFi. Says there's no space left on the device. I've deleted multiple albums and still getting the same message. LG G3.

I'm having an issue on my iPhone 6s running Spotify V5.6.0.1110

I have never encountered this issue before, but I am now having problems downloading albums. As far as I can tell (I tried about 5 different albums by different artists) It's all albums, and only albums. I can download playlists just fine. I currently only have ~200 songs downloaded, so i haven't reached the cap. And my phone has plenty of memory left.

Obviously I could just create a playlist every time I want to download an album, but that's annoying and I shouldn't have to.

Is this a known issue, is there a workaround?

PLZ HALP

TY in advance

hey there, ive been having problems with my account for over two months now. I pay for the premium service but hardly ever get to listen to the music I play the most. I'll spend hours redownloading songs and playlists that were ALREADY available to me offline just to get to my car and see that only some of it is available or sometimes none of it. It's REALLY frustrating and feels like a giant waste of my money. 

I just wanname listen to my music in my library I'm back in my account

I have an iPhone 6s with 27GB free, about 2100 music tracks, I am running iOS 9.3.1 and using Spotify version 5.6.0.1110 and have problem syncing songs to my offline mode, it stopped working, I can't add any more music to an offline mode, I can still listen to songs over wifi.... Does anyone have a solution? If this can't be fixed we should be seeking compensation from Spotify for technical app issues?

I have an iPhone 6s with 27GB free, I have a premium account with about 2100 music tracks, I am running iOS 9.3.1 and using Spotify version 5.6.0.1110 and have problem syncing songs to my offline mode, it stopped working, I can't add any more music to an offline mode, I can still listen to songs over wifi.... Does anyone have a solution? If this can't be fixed we should be seeking compensation from Spotify for technical app issues?

Do you have to be a premium subscriber to listen to Spotify offline with no internet connection?

I have paid Spotify premium (0,99 three months) and it doesn't work. I have reinstalled Spotify.

Spotify works on offline connection, reinstalling the app should start syncing.... Once you go over 3333 song it will stop working to download any song.....

Dear Spotify developer and management team!
This thread is 3+ years old and still very active. I have the same problem as well. Can you please look into this and *fix* this problem in the code?
Many thanks 🙂
A

I don't have an issues... It's must be device related... It's best to delete the app and re download your songs....

If your still having issues contact Spotify to check your account is premium or not...

"I don't have issues" is not a good answer, sorry. There should be settings on Spotify's all versions that actually set options on how to download, when to download, force sync, sync downloaded songs, check download and sync logs, send these logs to Spotify, etc.
IMHO this whole offline feature needs a close look and revamp by Spotify developers.

"I don't have issues" is not a good answer, sorry. There should be settings on Spotify's all versions that actually set options on how to download, when to download, force sync, sync downloaded songs, check download and sync logs, send these logs to Spotify, etc.
IMHO this whole offline feature needs a close look and revamp by Spotify developers.

I would have to disagree I think the setup is fine and below would get too technical.... Especially on downloaded... It would increase the application size to cover all the below within an app. Not come across any music app that has this all below what your suggesting.

I agree there is way to show song count and how many song left you can download cause that would solve the maximum 3333 song limit device. Most people go over this amount and then it stop syncing...

There are option to turn on cellular download but they opt you to go to wifi as it's more cost effective and you don't get any nasty shock will blowing your data allowance you have set out in your mobile plan.

Thank you. I am not asking Spotify to increase the download limit or change the "download on wifi" only flag. 

I am asking for a cleaner and more bug free purpose-developed smart downloader facility 2.0  to do the following.

You should be able to turn the following off (and provide an easy-to-use interface for non-technical users) or on (and provide an 'expert' interface for people that are more technical):

1. Overview from one interface which songs have been downloaded and what their status is.

2. Ability to see how much storage the downloaded songs take individually and ability  delete a downloaded song individually.

3. Ability to force or restart the re-download of a song that was not properly downloaded earlier for whatever  for some reason can't play offline (this happens too).

4. Ability to see the progress of a downloaded song (what percentage is downloaded and what the total size to be downloaded is).

5. Ability to see on one screen all the songs that are being downloaded and are queued for download.

6. Ability to manage the queue in 5.: delete songs from the to-download list, add songs to the to-download list, etc.

7. Ability to generate and send debugging level download and general offline song storage information to Spotify technical support.

In short, something similar in functionality to any Bittorrent client (a protocol or at least a concept which I understand Spotify uses under the covers) I doubt that this would add more than 5% to the current app size and would finally solve a lot of the issues on this 3+ year old thread :).

I would love it if someone from Spotify would actually acknowledge that they read this post.  Thanks. 🙂

Suggested posts