Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing iTunes library from your phone with Spotify without it lessening the storage space?

Syncing iTunes library from your phone with Spotify without it lessening the storage space?

I don't think that made sense. Anyway.

I'm really into Spotify, but I'm not ready to let go of iTunes, especially since it's easily accessible on my iPhone and I use it for lots of other things, too.

It seems like when I import my iTunes library into the Spotify app, it creates duplicates of the songs on my phone, taking up more storage. Is there a way to get past this and just let Spotify stream the songs that are already synced onto my iPhone via iTunes?

Or am I being delusional and is this a thing that doesn't happen? I'm new to Spotify and a premium member. Things are confusing.

Thanks for dealing with my ingorance! xx

(I should probably clarify that some of the artists I listen to aren't available on Spotify, and therefore, I have to import them in instead of just letting Spotify get the files from their source.)

1 Reply

Spotify will only access and play tracks which are synced to it's own cache, it will not currently access Music stored on your device such as those synced by iTunes.

There is an ideas topic suggesting it be added here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Use-Existing-Song-Files-on-Mobile-Devices/idi-p/176966

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts