Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

Has anyone else experienced where some artist pages that you follow only show one album or a few songs, rather than the typical artist page with popular songs, albums, playlists and featured on selections? Some of my favorite artists always land me on a page that directs me to a track listing rather than the typical artist page as described above, and it’s a real **bleep** to navigate to view artist every time I want to get to another album in the artist’s catalogue. I’ve attached some screenshots of Tash Sultana’s page (appears to be the standard artist page) and Talking Heads (appears to only show the Stop Making Sense Album) for reference. I follow both artists and have navigated to their pages from my library>artists. If anyone else has experienced this and found a solution, please let me know. 

B9FDA186-DDC9-4E0C-B6B5-2CC9A231DD75.png
216C8A3C-0103-49D0-8E39-20B39EA8BE20.png
A7F18741-66EF-4C02-AA3A-A8873C73B4C0.png
1 Reply

Hey @Pshafft

I understand this can be frustrating. I hope the following information will help you out.

When viewing an artist from "My Library --> Artists" it will only show you the saved songs you have from that artist. This is by design as the "My Library" tab is designed to show you your personal music collection and not an entire artist's catalog. If you have followed an artist but have not saved any of their songs, then you may see the full artist page.

To get to the regular full artist page, there are three dots "..." at the top right. Press on that and then there should be an option to "view artist". Once you press on that, it should bring you to the full artist page.

When you search for artists in the search tab, you will always be brought to the full artist page.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts