Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Can’t turn shuffling off for ‘Discover Weekly’ playlist

PlanPremiumCountryHong Kong Operating SystemIos 12 My Question or Issue Can’t turn off shuffling in my discovery weekly playlist. The shuffling button is gone and Is replaced by the like (heart) button. Is there any way where I can turn shuffling off...

• Plan Premium Country Hong Kong  Operating System Ios 12   My Question or Issue  Can’t turn off shuffling in my discovery weekly playlist. The shuffling button is gone and Is re...
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

Certain songs are not available on mobile version

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12My Question or IssueSome songs are only available on the desktop version and cannot be played on my iPhone and the web version. It used to sync but not anymore. I tried to delete the mobile ap...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12 My Question or Issue Some songs are only available on the desktop version and cannot be played on my iPhone and the web...
  • itsern
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Apple CarPlay connection problems

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone seOperating System My Question or Issue I have CarPlay in my Volvo purchased new in August 2018. I have had problems using Spotify in CarPlay since new-sometimes I get a blank screen and other times a message that th...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone se Operating System   My Question or Issue  I have CarPlay in my Volvo purchased new in August 2018. I have had problems using Spotify i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio Function on Premium

My Question or IssueThe last several months or so I have been using the radio function that was available with my plan. As of recent now for some reason I do not. I thought it might just be an issue with the app so I have tried to use the web player ...

•   My Question or Issue The last several months or so I have been using the radio function that was available with my plan. As of recent now for some reason I do not. I thought i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Student
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the latest Version of Spotify APP on iOS ?

Hi Guys, Can someone please confirm what is the latest Version on the Spoitify APP on iOS ? Just wanted to confirm if I am on the latest Version of Spotify on my iOS devices ? Thanks in Advance !

• Gig Goer
  • Hi Guys,   Can someone please confirm what is the latest Version on the Spoitify APP on iOS ? Just wanted to confirm if I am on the latest Version of Spotify on my iOS devices ?   Thank...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not open on a Ipad 4

I am having trouble opening spotify on my ipad 4 . I have deleted the app and restarted int multiply times . Anyone have any advice?PlanPremiumCountry New ZealandDeviceIpad 4Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• I  am having trouble opening spotify  on my ipad 4 . I have deleted the app and restarted int multiply times . Anyone have any advice? Plan Premium Country  New Zealand Device Ip...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

fix alphabetization with parentheses please

PlanPremium CountryUS DeviceiPhone 7 Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue hello! i'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would be really great if spotify could fix its issue with alphabetizing so...

IMG_8315.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country US   Device iPhone 7   Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   hello! i'm not sure if this...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops and starts when connected to Bluetooth device and I’m using my phone

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceIPhone Xs Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueWhen I’m streaming music to a Bluetooth device and using my phone at the same time, the music cuts in and out constantly. This doesn’t happen when I’m not using my...

• Plan Premium Country Australia   Device IPhone Xs  Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue When I’m streaming music to a Bluetooth device and using my phone at the sa...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Home Tab is not working

PlanFreeCountryUSA DeviceiPhone xsOperating SystemiOS 12My Question or IssueHome Tab is not working!I saw the same topic on Android section, and seems the issue has not been solved yet. In my Home Tab, I can only see the albums/Artists that I listene...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA  Device iPhone xs Operating System iOS 12 My Question or Issue Home Tab is not working! I saw the same topic on Android section, and seems the issue has n...
  • jihang1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What happens to Discoverer Weekly and Radar Release downloads when new ones arrive?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPadProOperating System(iOS 10, My Question or Issue I have chosen to download the songs in Discoverer Weekly and Radar Release so i can listen to them offline.my question is, are these files delted each week when a new...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPadPro Operating System (iOS 10,    My Question or Issue  I have chosen to download the songs in Discoverer Weekly and Radar Release...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

When I Play a video on instagram Spotify keeps playing

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDeviceiPhone 8 plusOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue Whenever I play a video on instagram or watch someone’s story on Snapchat, Spotify keeps playing. I previously had an android and Spotify would stop playing w...

•   Plan Free Country  United States Device iPhone 8 plus Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  Whenever I play a video on instagram or watch someone’s story on...
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Suddenly I am not able to download offline tracks to my phone

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 11.3.1 My Question or IssueI am not able to download any offline tracks any more. I tried to reinstall Spotify on my phone and PC. I tried to do it with WLAN, LAN and USB. Nothing seems to wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 11.3.1  My Question or Issue I am not able to download any offline tracks any more. I tried to reinstall Spotify on my ...
  • 1noah9
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops after ads.

Spotify stops playing after the ad. Have to close the app and restart it. It’s like it freezes after the ad. Keeps happening every 20 minutes or so. I removed and reinstalled the app from Apps store. Still does the same thing. PlanFree Country UKDevi...

• Spotify stops playing after the ad. Have to close the app and restart it. It’s like it freezes after the ad. Keeps happening every 20 minutes or so. I removed and reinstalled the app from Apps store....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle all songs in library

PlanFreeCountry UKDeviceiPhone XSOperating SystemiOS12 My Question or Issue When clicking on 'my library', it used to be possible to select 'Songs' and then select 'shuffle all'. However, in the current version, when clicking on 'my library', the onl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  UK Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS12   My Question or Issue  When clicking on 'my library', it used to be possible to select 'Songs' and then select ...
  • Turbo124
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Connect to a device

Plan PremiumCountry USA iPhone 7 For the last day, my "connect to a device" feature has been stuck on an instructional menu with a big "got it" button at the bottom. But every time I click "got it", it just returns me to the instructional menu so I c...

• Plan Premium Country USA   iPhone 7   For the last day, my "connect to a device" feature has been stuck on an instructional menu with a big "got it" button at the bottom.  Bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix ceased to function on my iPhone

Hello the daily mix feature ceased to function yesterday.I see all six mixes ,but as soon as i pick one , the phone says "spotify can not open this type of link on this unit" something like that (translated from swedish) it has been working for all t...

• Roadie
  • Hello the daily mix feature ceased to function yesterday. I see all six mixes ,but as soon as i pick one , the phone says "spotify can not open this type of link on this unit" something like that (t...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Vertical videos

I can’t see any vertical videos anymore? PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • I can’t see any vertical videos anymore?  Plan Premium Country Germany Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Genius Speed Way Too Fast

The genius facts on Spotify flash WAY TOO QUICKLY for anyone to make sense of them. Seriously. I DARE YOU AND YOUR STAFF to read Mrs Robinson on Spotify. wth

•     The genius facts on Spotify flash WAY TOO QUICKLY for anyone to make sense of them. Seriously. I DARE YOU AND YOUR STAFF to read Mrs Robinson on Spotify. wth  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Automatically adds numbers from 1 playlist I follow

PlanPremiumCountry NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 7Operating SystemLatest iOs My Question or Issue Hi!When I open my downloaded playlist (either in online or offline mode) I sometimes see songs which I don't add myself (I have no family plan) being added to...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Netherlands Device iPhone 7 Operating System Latest iOs   My Question or Issue  Hi! When I open my downloaded playlist (either in online or offline mod...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue is broken

PlanPremiumCountry The NetherlandsDeviceiPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue I updated the app to the latest version (8.4.77) and now my whole queue function seems to be broken. If I add a song to my queue it will play but it’s like a...

• Plan Premium Country  The Netherlands Device iPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  I updated the app to the latest version (8.4.77) and now my whole queue...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes