Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Spotify prompts to open in "App Store" instead of the Spotify App

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States Device(iPhone Operating System(iOS 12) My Question or IssueAlright, so I'd really like to get an answer as to why when I copy and send a song link to another iPhone user via iMessage, that when the receiver of the iMes...

image1.jpeg
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device (iPhone 😎 Operating System (iOS 12)   My Question or Issue Alright, so I'd really like to get an answer as to why when I copy and sen...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

push notifications?

PlanPremiumCountry PolandDeviceiphone 6sOperating Systemios12.0 My Question or Issue I’ve been wondering if push notifications are broken in general or it’s just my phone’s issue. I mean there is like a full page of settings for that i as i’ve been u...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Poland Device iphone 6s Operating System ios12.0   My Question or Issue  I’ve been wondering if push notifications are broken in general or it’s just my...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Botched UX on new app: text truncation and item misalignment.

The new interface on an iPhone SE is barely usable: text is truncated all over the interface. Also, spacing is weird and unintuitive. This happens when setting language in french or english. See attached pictures for details PlanPremiumCountry Canada...

• Casual Listener
  • The new interface on an iPhone SE is barely usable:  text is truncated all over the interface.  Also, spacing is weird and unintuitive.  This happens when setting language in french or...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Make Queue Accessible from the Home Screen

PlanPremiumCountryCANADA DeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS latest version My Question or IssueMake Queue Accessible from the Home Screen so that we can see what's queued. There's no way to access the queue without playing something first which is ann...

• Plan Premium Country CANADA   Device iPhone X Operating System iOS latest version   My Question or Issue Make Queue Accessible from the Home Screen so that we can see what's ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Favorite songs not showing in iOS spotify app but are showing in desktop app

So, I found an old post about this same issue that was created over 5 months ago with no resolution, so I'm bringing it back up. Why has this not been fixed yet? Issue: The iOS spotify app is showing my "Favorite Songs" as empty, however, when I use ...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I found an old post about this same issue that was created over 5 months ago with no resolution, so I'm bringing it back up. Why has this not been fixed yet?   Issue: The iOS spotify app i...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Suggestion algorithms should take into account song language

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceIphone 6sOperating SystemiOS12 My Question or IssueA chunk of song suggestions I get is in French or from French artists, which I generally hate. If I live in France, it doesn't mean I am going to like the songs from Fre...

• Plan Premium Country France Device Iphone 6s Operating System iOS12  My Question or Issue A chunk of song suggestions I get is in French or from French artists, which I generally hate. ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Changing order of songs doesn’t work

when I try to change the order of songs the one I chose to play next to play will work but then I goes right back to playing what it would have played before even if I moved something infront of it. It also says at the top that it’s playing them same...

• when I try to change the order of songs the one I chose to play next to play will work but then I goes right back to playing what it would have played before even if I moved something infront of it. ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    order bug
    Queue bug
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I cannot login to Spotify on my iPhone using Facebook

I cannot login to Spotify on my iPhone using Facebook knowing that I have my facebooks login info.PlanPremium plan just endedCountry USADeviceiPhone 10Operating SystemiOS 12

• I cannot login to Spotify on my iPhone using Facebook knowing that I have my facebooks login info. Plan Premium plan just ended Country  USA Device iPhone 10 Operating System iOS 12 &nb...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Driving mode warning

PlanPremiumCountrysweden DeviceiPhone 8/Apple CarPlay Operating System(iOS My Question or Issue Every time I start Spotify through CarPlay the warning comes “don’t drive while using Spotify” pops up. I get it why, but please let me answer the questio...

•   Plan Premium Country sweden   Device iPhone 8/Apple CarPlay  Operating System (iOS   My Question or Issue  Every time I start Spotify through CarPlay the warnin...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Carplay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Home page glitch and playlist acting up

PlanFree DeviceIphone 8 Operating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue A few days ago my home page went from having a made for you section to just a blank screen with albums at the top. It’s really hard to find daily mixes now and I used to have access ...

52530E1D-7859-400A-A397-6A5754675FDB.jpeg 977C11F5-990E-4D2A-B61D-4A7088975738.png
  •   Plan Free   Device Iphone 8   Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  A few days ago my home page went from having a made for you section to just a blank...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Queue Resets

When I try to reorder my song queue, only one song change is logged at time. In other words, if I move 3 songs in the order of the queue and then go back to my Spotify home page, the revised queue will only reflect the new order for the 1st song that...

•   When I try to reorder my song queue, only one song change is logged at time. In other words, if I move 3 songs in the order of the queue and then go back to my Spotify home page, the revised ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify very slow/not working

I have spotify premium, in the US, Iphone SE, IOS 12.My spotify will often freeze and not allow me to interact with it. This means that even if I exit out of the app and delete it in the list of running apps, it will still be laggy.A song will be pla...

• I have spotify premium, in the US, Iphone SE, IOS 12. My spotify will often freeze and not allow me to interact with it. This means that even if I exit out of the app and delete it in the list of ru...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Voice search in UK

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or Issue Why is there no voice search capability in Spotify for non-US users? I see it has been trialled earlier this year in March and has been rolled out to premium subscribers i...

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue  Why is there no voice search capability in Spotify for non-US users? I see it has bee...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

App unusually slow + Downloaded music

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 8 My Question or Issue I have quite a bit of music download, ~125 songs, and I have noticed this as the source of my app being slow but only when online. I reinstalled the app and none of the slowness was there, however as so...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Device iPhone 8  My Question or Issue  I have quite a bit of music download, ~125 songs, and I have noticed this as the source of my app being slow but only when o...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloads issues
    Freezing
    slow speed
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to start Spotify using CarPlay

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where if you try and start Spotify using CarPlay (ie. the car's audio system) that it won't start and asks you to "Log in to use Spotify"? (very tricky when you're driving!) Problem doesn't occur if Spotify is alr...

• Casual Listener
  •   Is anyone else experiencing an issue where if you try and start Spotify using CarPlay (ie. the car's audio system) that it won't start and asks you to "Log in to use Spotify"? (very tricky wh...
  • bradleyn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I have Premium Spotify on my laptop and ipad but have lost it off my iphone. I have install a new ap

PlanPremiumCountry UKDevice(iPhone 8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Premium Country  UK Device (iPhone 8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • bradleyn
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

This song isn’t on Spotify?

Why isn’t “Like a Light” by Drake and Travis Scott on Spotify 

• Casual Listener
  • Why isn’t “Like a Light” by Drake and Travis Scott on Spotify 
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Where Discovery gone??

Yes PlanPremiumukDeviceIphone Operating Systemios12 My Question or Issue Where has the discover section gone in the latest iOS mobile update? It was the best thing about Spotify. Have they really just removed it??

• Casual Listener
  • Yes Plan Premium uk Device Iphone  Operating System ios12   My Question or Issue  Where has the discover section gone in the latest iOS mobile update? It was the best thing a...
  • Pwruss
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes

Playlists Id never listen to starting on their own

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceiPhone 6+Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue Spotify is playing playlists on its own. These playlists are not anything I have ever listened too. When I open the app on my iPhone it says it's playing off a chrome br...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device iPhone 6+ Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue  Spotify is playing playlists on its own. These playlists are not anything I have ev...
  • lilymcauley
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cola de reproducción

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or Issue La última canción de la cola de reproducción no se ve. Me pasa desde hace tiempo. Se reproduce correctamente, pero no puedes verla en la cola de reproducción.Gracias ...

• Plan Premium Country  Spain Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue  La última canción de la cola de reproducción no se ve. Me pasa desde hace tiempo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • reproduccion
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes