Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Spotify downloading all my downloaded music AGAIN???

Solved!

Why is Spotify downloading all my downloaded music AGAIN???

I've noticed this has happened a few times: I'll get home and with the phone connect to wifi, Spotify will show that it is downloading a ton of files. Looking through my library, I see that it is downloading music that had already been downloading. This has occurred several times. This is a total waste of data and is an inconvenience as sometimes when out of reception, my offline (downloaded) music won't appear. I'm aware that if I toggle the "Download" switch it will remove the files, but I'm sure not to mess with it.

So what's the deal?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you change the quality to a higher that's set, then it will re-download the songs again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

In options>streaming quality, there's an option to download over cellular. You can disable it so you don't use any data. The only time Spotify will download music is when you toggle the download switch for offline or play that song. Also, when you first boot Spotify, it may be updating the songs it already stored.

Thanks for the reply. if i toggle the quality of the music, will it re-download all those files as well?

Marked as solution

If you change the quality to a higher that's set, then it will re-download the songs again.

Suggested posts