Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Worst "Shuffle" of any media player, ever.

Worst "Shuffle" of any media player, ever.

I've been signed up with this service for gods know how long, now, and it astounds me how completely incapable your programmers are of making a Shuffle function that actually works (and let's not get into the futility of thumbs-up or thumbs-down).

For years, now, the functionality for shuffling music has ranged from horrible to worse, with occasional spots of "okay, this is livable" for a few weeks at a time.

Currently, (and for as long as I can remember, now), every time I start Spotify in my car (connected via Bluetooth), the playlist I had on Shuffle does two things:
1) It turns off Shuffle
2) It then proceeds to replay all the "shuffled" music that I had listened to for the last X minutes, where X is the time I first started my car up for the day.

#1 feels like programmer laziness, and a lack of understanding of how to save state when an application restarts or when it detects that Bluetooth has connected the car to the device again.
#2 feels like essentially, the first time the user clicks "shuffle" it does a very crude randomization of the playlist, caches it, and then on subsequent start-up of the application, goes back to the beginning of that playlist, instead of resuffling the numbers. IE. It's failure to be actually random comes, again, down to programmer laziness, or management incompetence micromanaging the programmers to uselessness.

Plan

Premium? (HAH)

Country

US

Device

iPhone (red) 8

Operating System

iOS12

My Question or Issue

Does any of the money I pay for this service actually go to development, or is this some college kid's portfolio project and all the money is sucked up in royalties and paychecks?

1 Reply

I still have this issue with an IPhone 11 in 2022. I've seen various other reports and it seems this issue is being ignored. It is very annoying that I have to turn on shuffle every single time I connect to my car's Bluetooth. Also, repeat is turned on every time a new song starts playing.

I agree completely with the original post, shuffle should mean a shuffle NOT a shuffled version of the last 20 songs I've listened to. I have 3000 songs saved but only heard about 200 of them at any given time and it's very annoying.

Suggested posts