Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Your Music>Saved Albums library disappearing

Recently I've been using the "saved album" section found under the Your Music tab but have had all the albums I saved disappear even the albums that were ticked for offline play. I press the save album button which would save the album under the "saved album" section, in addition the artist of the album would also appear under "saved artist." I would go on and continue saving albums and ticking some of them for offline play, but after a couple of days I noticed the entire library under saved albums and artist disappeared, and as for the saved playlists they were not affected by this erasing. So I believed it to be a one-time occurrence and re-saved my favorite albums and re-ticked some for offline play, but after a week my saved albums were erased again including the ones I ticked for offline play, and like last time saved playlist was not affected, I even regained the storage space I used up to save the offline play albums. This is the problem I'm having with the Spotify app on my IPhone 5s, I would appreciate any advice and solutions to fix this issue, thank you.
167 Replies

Same ridiculous issue on my galaxy system edge. Already thinking about canceling my subscription!!!!

This is ridiculous, today, I lost all my music again. I'll try different service.

I tried reinstalling, not only did this not restore my offline albums but
it also lost all of my offline playlists. I've had the problem of losing
offline albums every week or two ever since I've had my subscription, which
is over a year. It's not device specific either, this happened on my Note 3
as well as my current phone (S7).

Keeps happening to me on my iPhone 6. Updated the Spotify app and the iOS but my music hasn't reappeared. Can't believe after all these years Spotify hasn't fixed this issue! What is the point paying for music I can't listen to! Time to swap to another service!

This has happened to me on several occassions very recently. It seems to happen often when I am travelling, which is exactly when I  MOST need to have offline access (e.g when flying).

I have spent a good amount of my time trying to set up my 'offline access' list of songs albums and have wasted many hours trying to recreate this... It surprising that this failure in your software has been reported since 2014 and is STILL a problem.

Given how much time I've lost with this, I'm on the verge of cancelling my subscription.

To Spotify: **bleep**ING FIX YOUR APP!!!! Thank you so much for this awesome experience. I love to pay for broken services ^^

Tweet @spotifycares. They'll fix the issue for you.

Tweet @spotifycares. They'll fix the issue for you.

You do not have to write this sentence every time anyone here complains. BTW I don't even have a twitter account.

So, today my music has disappeared again. I finally decided to try Google Music after all this bullcrap. I canceled my subscriptions and move on next month. 

Thank you for nothing.

Happened again to me, lost all my albums (but not playlists). I've just cancelled my subscription. Moving to Google Play Music.

Hello spotify,

the problem still persistst and is not fixed. When do you plan to fix this issue?

Is it fixed now? On my iphone all download albums are gone, but all the playlists remain offline ..

Hello! 

Of course, it is not!

But I found a quick (and annoying) 'solution' - everytime I open spotify and it is loading (it is not in the background and you see the green icon meanwhile loading), I quickly turn on airplane mode on my iPhone via control center. It loads with all my music and as soon as the app loaded, I turn the airplane mode off again. It works.

Still doing it! Deleted all my downloads but left the albums. Since we pay for premium I think we should all be reimbursed of at least a month of it! Spotify has been aware of the problem for years!!! It's ridiculous. Discount and pay! Thanks

I have transfered all of my music over from Groove but instead of keeping my albums and moving them to the ALBUM section on Spotify the only place they appear is in SONGS like uhhhhhh......???? im sorry but i still want to listen to my albums, not  a big shuffled playlist of every album i have downloaded **bleep**. Pretty smooth transfer there. Oh yes and the Album section doesnt show up on the xbox one app!!!!!! 

WT*???? In one hour I lost EVERYTHING.. EVERYTHING.. all my saved music is gone.. I spent money and time for what?? nothing!!! f***ing nothing and now?? who gives me back the money (I used a lot of data for download 3333 songs) and time??The Pope???
Come on guys!!! come f***ing on!!
Maybe is better come back to download directly my music and be sure nothing wrong it can happen again.. f***ing s**t service!!

Hi everyone

I know it's an old topic but I have the same issue right now on android.

Playlists weren't affected but "album" and "title" sections are blank.

Do you have a solution?

Thank you

same issue, ios, this always happens. It makes me so mad with sopotify, apple music doesn't hae this kind of issues.

I really don't want to leave Spotify, but this is and old and absurd problem, it makes no sense how this is not fixed yet.

One thing I realized is that when your phone tells you to "clean junk files" or "clear space by deleting unnecessary files " and anything like that, your spotify offline library will probably be flushed away as well.

Since I stopped this kind of "cleaning" undetermined files, never had this issue again.

Hope this helps.

Good luck everybody!

It happened the same to me with my entirely library. I have an Iphone 7 plus 11.1.1

Suggested posts