Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS spotify app downloading a lot of data in the background.

iOS spotify app downloading a lot of data in the background.

I just got the iphone 6 plus and put my spotify onto it. I ONLY use it for downloaded playlist, but for whatever reason it is downloading an absurd amount of data in the background which has me concerned because I don't have that much of a data cap. It used up 500MB in 20 days and I only use it for downloaded music, never streaming. My question is, is this normal for iOS? If it is not, how do I fix it? If it is, this needs to be fixed asap because that is ridiculous - I now have to pay for going over my cap. It never did this on my android device.

I attached a screenshot of the data that has been used.

12033275_10153809819002176_449957030_n.jpg
7 Replies

It's abnormal, are you sure that you have set your Spotify playlist Available Offline?

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

Yes

12048942_10153812094532176_775344991_n.jpg

It's a bug in the iOS Version for iPad / iPhone 6.

Please report it to the official Spotify support channel mentioned in this link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iOS-Offline-album-art-not-showing/idi-p/1203278#comm...

Thanks !

Best Regards,

Martin

Can you go to Settings > Streaming Quality and check if "Sync Over Cellular" is turned on? If so, please turn it off. This should fix the downloading in the background using cellular connections
Kind regards,
Felix

-- Please mark as solution and/or add kudos if it helped you --

Sync over cellular is of course turned off.

Its not related to syncing, it's redownloading the big album art covers on iPhone6 / iPad.

Today version 4.0.0 was downloaded to my iPhone but I can't find any release notes... anybody knows if they fixed this?

No, according to my experience its still not fixed.

Suggested posts