Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Solved!

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Just upgraded to Premium and my iPhone app keeps crashing, the minute I log in it's gone. Tried deleting, reinstalling, deleting all my playlists- nothing works!

Very frustrated and wondering what I can do. Recently upgraded to Premium and now even more frustrated as it's worse than when I was using the free version.

COme on spotify!

298 Replies

The spotify app crashes upon opening for me. I'm going to get rid of my premium account unless something is done about this soon. The app has always been buggy and I'm sick of it.

Same for me... the app keeps crashing on my iPhone. Is this, what I pay 9.99 Euro for? For that amount of money each month, I expect to receive a working app. So who do I contact for a refund?

Hello.

I'm just trying the application out myself, and haven't managed to replicate a crash quite yet. There's seems be some variability on what is happening when it crashes - upon opening, using the radio, so on.

Is there a single thing that you can do that manages to make it crash each time? Do you have any other applications running at the same time?
Airhorn Enthusiast

It seems to crash mostly with 3G or 3GS iphones. I usually play folders containing more than a single playlist, with crossfade and gapless on. But it also crashes playing single albums with all of that off. There is no single thing that can manage to make it crash each time, it just crashes every time.

Hi David-see my previous post ( about p18 I think) in this thread for specific circumstances where I can consistently replicate a crash.

Hi.

I am  experiencing the same problem as everybody else. About 90 sec into a song, the spotify app crashes. Everytime with no exceptions.

My iPhone version is 4.2.1

I would really appreciate a solution to this very annoying problem.

Hello. I've been using spotify for some time now. I can no longer download spotify because of the new iOS. I have an older iPod touch that cannot upgrade to the newer iOS. Would it be possible for you guys to make an older version of your application available to those of us who can't afford to go out and buy a new iPod/iPhone. I don't think it's fair to users to make it exclusively for those with the newest piece of hardware. I was able to enjoy music and now I can't. Please fix this.

Ok, it's been two weeks and things have just gotten worse. Is there some sort of fix coming for this or do I need to stop giving this company my money. This is ridiculous. Spotify won't play on my phone at all any more. Just says "connecting" all the time. iphone 4, latest software updates always installed.

If you don't stop giving them your money, they'll just keep ignoring you.

I'm really sick and tired of this....I will end my premium account after once again having these problems. Related to iOS 5 on iPhone 3Gs Spotify began to crash. After a couple of weeks (some Spotify upgrade I think) it got better but the last two weeks it continually crashes after 5-10 minutes listening (both online and off line playlists). Delete app and reinstall doesn't help.

@David

You seem to be the guy to talk to.

I'm having problems with my ios app- iphone 4 on 5.0.1

I can sync my phone to my Mac Spotify app with no problem.

When i open the app on my Mac, no problem.

When i open the app on my phone, no problem.

However, when i click on a playlist, the app crashes "immediately".

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail.

I've deleted playlist, unstarred, etc and nothing helps, I've used Spotify for quite awhile now. I don't know if what is happening is on Spotify's end but too many people are having similar issues. Therefore i feel it's safe to assume it isn't my phone that's the problem.

I'm getting irritated over this because i've had this issue for weeks.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Hey there,

My iphone app is crashing just the same as everyone elses.  Any advice that can be given? (I have tried the couple small solutions just like reinstalling and doing the offline mode switch but to of no avail) Because I will probably cancel my subscription if this does not get resolved, not trying to deal with this every other son.

Thanks in advance for the help

Tim

Just installed the app on my iPhone 4S. It crahes all the time immediately after starting it. No chance to use the app for a second. Next time I restart it it's asking for username/pw and crashes again and again ....

It turned out that the Spotify desktop app (Win7) imported all of my iTunes playlists (in my case 500+). I tried to uninstall/reinstall/delete everything to get rid of the playlists but I had to delete them one by one manually in the Spotify desktop app. Surprise surprise: the iPhone app works now perfectly well. Even with some playlists. I've tried 30+ different playlists and it's still working.

Hi!

Now i´m getting really mad about this spotify app, When i had my iOS3 spotify worked without problem, since the first update on the iphone, spotify keeps crashing after 1 song. why not let us keep the older apps that seemed to work. or put the older apps out on appstore again.  

if the problem is that i have only an iphone 3G with iOS 4.2.1, you may think about put up the older apps on appstore again.

Spotify is the only app that crashes on the iphone. Right now i´m forced to use other medias like Shoutcast and bandit rock.

hey guys,

i have the same problem. iPhone 3Gs... all the latest updates etc....

purchased spotify premium account SPECIFICALLY to use on my phone... and the app just crashes repeatedly.

I'm streaming the playlists from my computer.. there's only 1 of them... pretty simple... ill get about 2 songs in.. and it crashes.... Piece of shi*t in my opinion.... 

and if it doesnt crash.. it wont load the next song anyway... i have to skip forward and go back again.

Same old problem. They just don‘t care.

Hi everyone,

My problem

I have an ipod 2nd gen, running the latest iOSversion (4. i dunnowhat) and the latest spotify app. When I play a song, no matter what song, online or offline, no matter what streaming quality - theapp crashes after a minute or 2. This seemed to be the case for a lot of other users here.

I contacted support, theywerevery friendly. We tried reinstalling the app a dozen of times, force clearing the cache and evenfactory reset - nonedid help. I also tried a couple of solutions found on this forum (changing streaming quality, preventing the lock screen,....) none did the trick.

How I (finally) managed to work around it

QUite frankly, this seems so easy it' hard to believe. But it does work for me, as well as for a friend who had the same problem on his iphone 3g.

The trick is the folowing : once you've started playing a song, go away from the "now playing" screen. That's it. Go to the playlists screen, the options screen, whatever, just not the now playing... and music keeps playing.

To spotify

I don't know if this tread isabout one bug or many - but anyway, having such a big problem ongoing for months is ridiculous. A bug that so many people seem to be abble to reproduce atsucha high rate should be a priority, even on older devices. i appreciate how you are always trying to be nice and helpful, but at some point preaching the reinstallation isn't enough. Oh, and this is aworkaround tthat might not even work for everyone. Pleaserelease a fix asap.

To others

I hope this will work for you too. But maybe not spaming this thread with useless messages isn't too much of a good idea, let's keep it to important information. Reading 20 pages of anger wasn't that fun.

Cheers,

y

Thx!! your solution worked for me 🙂

It seems that the problem is in "Now Playing"  So now it´s up to SPOTIFY tix fix that bug

once again thx for your solution 🙂

Suggested posts