Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

my partner just recently purchased an iPhone 8, set her phone up and first thing she did was connect to wifi and download spotify to get her songs on her phone. 

Upon trying to download her songs, as the title said, it's literally doing like one song every 5minutes. I've tried the proxy setting to auto, in fact it went slower..?, so I put it back to default. Tried restarting phone, resetting wifi connection, restarting app etc.

She's done all I can think of (recently switched to samsung so can't remember much). 

Any help will be appreciated. 

2 Replies

Hi! Welcome to the community! 

I am sorry that the speeds have been pretty slow. Have you tried downloading from a different WIFI network, or over cellular data? Sometimes a network, even after a reset, can be causing annoying issues.

Let me know if that works 🙂

Hey @bepismax

Hope you are doing great!

Please try to update the phone's firmware. The latest version available is 11.4.1

Check if you have a strong internet connection to download the songs. 

You should also keep the phone in the foreground and don't let the phone lock as Spotify will pause the downloading of the songs.

Here you have the FAQ for more insight in this feature and take a look at this article to help  you troubleshoot the issue's with downloading music for offline access 🙂

Hope it helps! 

Suggested posts