Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

progress bar not moving & music not playing

progress bar not moving & music not playing

Hi!

so I have the standard, free account on my iPhone 6 (latest update of spotify) and for a while my music hasn't been playing. I go to press shuffle play and a song will appear but nothing will play. The progress bar stays at 0. I can press pause and play but it does nothing. I've closed the app and opened it, I've deleted and re downloaded and spent long periods of time trying to google and find answers and I'm  losing hope! Music will easily play on my laptop but not on my phone. It won't be due to a poor wifi connection as it's strong and the same problem will occur when I use 4G data. Also, all my playlists have been deleted and all there is left is a 'local files' folder. 

If anyone can please help me it would be greatly appreciated as Spotify has been a huge help for me, music wise.

2 Replies

Hey @sharont, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I see you tried a reinstall of Spotify, could I ask that you try a clean reinstall one more time?

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache 🙂 

Does this solve the problem?

If no:

Could you post me your iPhone 6 OS? (Eg: iOS 9.3) and your Spotify version? (Eg: 5.0)

hello! sorry for the very late reply, I forgot I posted this as when the latest update came out, this solved everything so it's all good now! thank you for your help anyway 🙂

Suggested posts