Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"An Error Occured: Try Again" Message Everywhere. App nearly unusable. [Version 1.0.0.3251]

Solved!

"An Error Occured: Try Again" Message Everywhere. App nearly unusable. [Version 1.0.0.3251]

Hello,

After upgrading to Spotify version 1.0.0.3251, I have had numerous issues with connecting, searching, and playing music as a Premium user. No matter what I do, whether it is under Browse, Discover, Radio, Search, Playlists, or my own user profile, I simply see the message "An error occured" and does not disappear no matter how many times I click the "try again" button. This occurs on both WiFi and cellular, even when other iPhone apps are able to successfully connect to the internet. When the Spotify app is in this pseudo-offline state, the only things I can do is play my offline-saved songs from my Starred list and change some in-app settings, but nothing more. It will not update with any changes I have made to my playlists from my desktop either.

The only way I have been able to get the Spotify app to reconnect to the service is by fully restarting my iPhone, and that only works some of the time. In the unlikely event that this does restore service, it doesn't last for very long, and it reverts to its "offline" state usually the first time I close the app or switch between WiFi and cellular.

Here are some things I've done to try to fix it:

• Force-quitting Spotify from the iPhone task switcher. This changes nothing and does not fix the problem.
  • Logging out and back in. While Spotify allows me to log back in, everything still says "An error occured. This does not work.
  • Deleting the Spotify app and reinstalling it. Also does not work, even after successfully logging in as above. Also deletes all my backed up songs.
  • Reseting my network settings from iPhone settings menu. This helps none whatsoever.
  • Connecting via different WiFi networks / cellular settings. This also changes nothing. Remains in offline state.
  • Restarting the iPhone fully. This only sometimes work, and if it does, it quickly reverts to the ubiquitous "Error has occured" message.
  • Mashing random buttons and icons. Doesn't help, but makes me feel slightly better.

My Specifications: 

• Model: iPhone 5 (AT&T GSM)
  • iOS Version: 7.0.4 (Jailbroken, but this was never an issue before 1.0.0.3251. No extensions target Spotify.)
  • Spotify Version: 1.0.0.3251
  • Spotify Status: Premium (University Discount)
  • Username: kanosea

If you need any more information, just let me know. I have iFile installed, so I can dig up any files you need if you give me the filepath.

Thanks.

49 Replies

Yep I’m getting the same issue. First time. Nothing is working

I have tried all of this and still there is an error

Same here. I've tried everything on this topic and nothing has worked. Would be great to hear from Spotify about what to do. Works on my desktop. Doesn't work on any of our iOS mobile devices. Very frustrating. 

I have a company mobile that has been working fine for ages.

I changed the Cisco AnyConnect VPN to use "Prompt" for External Control.

That got me working - I think it must have been trying to do something, because once I'd got back to having a proper home screen in Spotify and able to search etc. I then set the VPN back to how it was and it continues to work.

I’m having the same issue, so frustrating. Would be great if there was a fix other than completely wiping my Iphone.

Okay, don't know whether this has anything to do with it but I turned off notifications in the iOS settings and it's working now. Don't think this has anything to do with it as I checked the other devices and they are all now working and I hadn't adjusted their notifications settings. 

It’s just started working again now without me trying any of the many fixes listed here. How strange!

Spotify had an announcement up on the site that they were investigating. Just checked the app and it's working now so they must have fixed it.

Same problem, on two different iPhones and iPads.  Every other app runs great, including Amazon Music.

I tried everything listed on this page and Spotify still gives me this "an error occurred" message.

I just got done sitting on the phone with customer service for almost an hour.  The best they can offer is to charge me $10 for an additional 30-45 minutes of technical support.

After being a premium customer for ages, I'm being charged for remote customer service from India?

Time to check out Amazon Music!

The solution didn’t work on my iPad Pro (wifi only), and I’ve tried all the other suggestions as well, no luck.

Being a network tech, i immediately suspected a faulty network configuration (made by myself ofcourse...), and tried using googles DNS server (8.8.8.8), via the wifi-settings on the ipad, instead of my own DNS server, and whaddayoknow, it works...

My DNS is a ”pihole” which blocks alot of ads and tracking, and in this instance apparently also Spotify...

I usually use Spotify in the car on my way to work, so this might explain why I havent’t had the same error on my android phone.

Good thing i didn’t go for the “nuclear” option straight away...

Suggested posts