Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Spotify on Iphone X

Hello, I bought an Iphone X a few days ago. The problem i'm having is that I put play on the music on Spotify and then I want to listen a voice note on Whatsapp. So, the music that is playing cuts (normal), but then, when the voice note ends, the mus...

• Hello, I bought an Iphone X a few days ago. The problem i'm having is that I put play on the music on Spotify and then I want to listen a voice note on Whatsapp. So, the music that is playing cuts (n...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Log in buttom does not respond in ios 11

After I downloaded the app in my iphone 6 (ios 11), it stuck on the Welcome page.I tried both create account and log in buttom, didn't respond in anytime.Till now, I cant see the row to let me enter username and passwordPlease help

• After I downloaded the app in my iphone 6 (ios 11), it stuck on the Welcome page. I tried both create account and log in buttom, didn't respond in anytime. Till now, I cant see the row to let me en...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple control

I am playing Spotify off my iPad which is plugged in and want to use my iPhone as a remote to control volume, pause/play or skipping songs. On occasion it will work to pause/play the music but I’m wanting control for the volume. Is there something I ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am playing Spotify off my iPad which is plugged in and want to use my iPhone as a remote to control volume, pause/play or skipping songs. On occasion it will work to pause/play the music but I...
  • sneakystace-au
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Spotify is unable to resume playing (podcast)

Phone model: iPhone SE (MLLN2CI/A)iOS version: 11.2.6Spotify version: 8.4.48.526 Use case: First time in the morning I open Spotify, go to "Your Library", pick the first item on "Recently Played" list (a podcast), on the "All Episodes" list I pick th...

• Phone model: iPhone SE (MLLN2CI/A) iOS version: 11.2.6 Spotify version: 8.4.48.526   Use case: First time in the morning I open Spotify, go to "Your Library", pick the first item on "Recentl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search by label not working

Search by label:”text” function stopped working about a week ago. Same problem on MacOS app. Did Spotify change the search syntax?

• Casual Listener
  • Search by label:”text” function stopped working about a week ago. Same problem on MacOS app. Did Spotify change the search syntax?
  • Szhang117
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 7 likes

Spotify Connect changes iPhone volume to match Libratone Zipp

Listening to Spotify on Libratone Zipp with volume at 30%. Open Spotify on iPhone and get the message about continuing on Zipp or switch to iPhone. When I switch to iPhone, the iPhone device volume gets changed to 30%.

• Music Fan
  • Listening to Spotify on Libratone Zipp with volume at 30%. Open Spotify on iPhone and get the message about continuing on Zipp or switch to iPhone. When I switch to iPhone, the iPhone device volume g...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can’t login on new iPhone

I keep clicking login with existing and create new and nothing happens. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled 5x, rebooted, etc

• Casual Listener
  • I keep clicking login with existing and create new and nothing happens. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled 5x, rebooted, etc
  • Monkeyjj
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists missing songs

I have several playlists on my iphone that had imported itunes songs (i don't have the playlists on itunes anymore), I went on today and noticed that my playlists say they have a particular amount of songs (say 100), but then when I go into it its on...

• I have several playlists on my iphone that had imported itunes songs (i don't have the playlists on itunes anymore), I went on today and noticed that my playlists say they have a particular amount of...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution iPhone won’t detect I’m playing Spotify on iOS 11

When the screen is locked, no player shows. Which means I can’t adjust volume or change song etc. if I push up the menu and chose music, or if I plug in my headphones and press to change song, it starts playing iTunes. Like I said. It’s like it’s not...

• Casual Listener
  • When the screen is locked, no player shows. Which means I can’t adjust volume or change song etc. if I push up the menu and chose music, or if I plug in my headphones and press to change song, it sta...
  • Jakeybear15
  • 10 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 10 likes

Many Troubles with Local Files

OK so. I've been having a lot of problems trying to get local files on my phone. Here's the full story.I posted a different topic on the forums about my troubles (i.e. local files wouldn't save on my phone, even though everything else in the playlist...

• Regular
  • OK so. I've been having a lot of problems trying to get local files on my phone. Here's the full story. I posted a different topic on the forums about my troubles (i.e. local files wouldn't save on...
  • Worldracer99
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume controls too sensitive via Bluetooth speakers

I have seen other posts which seem related to this (e.g. https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-Connect-volume-slider/m-p/1548721) which makes me think I'm not alone in the issue I am experiencing. The slider on the Spotify desktop ...

• I have seen other posts which seem related to this (e.g. https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Spotify-Connect-volume-slider/m-p/1548721) which makes me think I'm not alone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

New albums under discover

I was told to post on here because maybe someone could help me. I wanted the feature of discover new albums you like to come back. It used to be above top recommendations for you. I am told that it is still there even though I haven’t seen it for a l...

• Music Fan
  • I was told to post on here because maybe someone could help me. I wanted the feature of discover new albums you like to come back. It used to be above top recommendations for you. I am told that it i...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Wont play music on my iPhone but will on my Mac

Spotify works on my macbook with no problem but when I try to listin to spotify on my iphone the songs go grey and wont play. I have the Student package but on my suscription its says that i have the 30 says free. Ive had this problem for 2 months no...

• Spotify works on my macbook with no problem but when I try to listin to spotify on my iphone the songs go grey and wont play. I have the Student package but on my suscription its says that i have the...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! “Go to Song Radio” missing on iOS

The desktop functionality of “Go to Song Radio” is not on my iPhone

• Casual Listener
  • The desktop functionality of “Go to Song Radio” is not on my iPhone
  • aasr
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Optimize the Spotify app for the iPhone X

When clicking the "Now playing" on Spotify on the iPhone X, there is a very small white bar in the top of the screen that I can't unsee. I know this is a small issue but very annoying.

• Casual Listener
  • When clicking the "Now playing" on Spotify on the iPhone X, there is a very small white bar in the top of the screen that I can't unsee. I know this is a small issue but very annoying.
  • oscargarzav
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Alphabet scroller takes me to wrong spot in list

The alphabet scroller on the right side of the lists of artists, albums, songs, etc. is supposed to bring me to the first entry in the list that starts with the letter I'm touching, but instead, it is bringing me to the second entry in the list that ...

IMG_1091.PNG IMG_1092.PNG
  • Visitor
  • The alphabet scroller on the right side of the lists of artists, albums, songs, etc. is supposed to bring me to the first entry in the list that starts with the letter I'm touching, but instead, it i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

“Import Your Music”

Hi, a few days ago I noticed this feature “import your music” which allowed you to import ANY song, album etc to Spotify from Apple Music, I thought this was such a useful feature as I’m switching from Apple Music to Spotify, but now I don’t see it, ...

• Hi, a few days ago I noticed this feature “import your music” which allowed you to import ANY song, album etc to Spotify from Apple Music, I thought this was such a useful feature as I’m switching fr...
  • bach00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! iPad & iPhone "An error occurred. Try Again".

Hi, I am having problems with my iPad & iPhone. Both have iOS 9.3.2, and Spotify app 5.7.0.1055. Since it affects both, I guess it must be an account problem? I have tried killing the app, cold booting the devices, and no help.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    I am having problems with my iPad & iPhone. Both have iOS 9.3.2, and Spotify app 5.7.0.1055. Since it affects both, I guess it must be an account problem?   I have tried...
  • OldSmurf56
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes