Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 12.4.1

My Question or Issue

I have been using Spotify Premium for more than a year on my iPhone, my wife's Android phone, my iPad mini, and my Windows PC, all on the same Premium account.

I am usually casting to my home stereo, via a Google Chromecast Audio, connected to the stereo via an optical input cable.

It actually all worked brilliantly until a few weeks ago - now it is very difficult to get any of the devices to connect to the Chromecast Audio, and even when connection has been achieved, it will disconnect randomly.

Also, when playing an album or playlist, often when moving from one track to another the sound mutes itself, but the time counter continues to count - then halfway through the track the sound returns, but Spotify jumps to another track rather than playing the correct one!

So ultimately I can't listen to an album or playlist all the way through.

This only happens when casting - it I play an album on my iPhone or one of the other devices it will play as it should do.

I need to emphasize that this is a new, recent problem and I would like to know if anyone can think of a reason why this has suddenly begun to happen - has there been a recent Spotify update? Do I need to update the Chromecast Audio device? 

What would anyone suggest? 

Who Me Too'd this topic