NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

Volume SPIKES (and my world explodes!)

Plan : Premium

Country USA

Spotify version: 8.5.50.916

Device: Google Pixel2

Operating System (Android 10)

WiFi Speakers: Sonos Playbar and Samsung Soundbar Q90R (firmware: HW-Q90RWWB-1008.0)

I have a MAJOR problem with the Volume Control of either Spotify or Google Android that has damaged expensive sound equipment!
For some reason the "Media Volume" on my Phone is ALWAYS at 50% when I first try to adjust the volume when playing music! It starts at its lowest setting and somehow SPIKES up to 50%.
THIS HAS TO BE FIXED. NO EXCUSES! NO PASSING THE BUCK! SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF GAWD, FIX THIS!. TAKE SOME INITIATIVE AND DO IT. DON'T WAIT. DON'T PROCRASTINATE. JUST DO IT NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!

To be clear, 50% volume is NOT where the volume was set. And it is NOT the volume level that the music first begins playing at. BUT as soon as the volume on the phone is adjusted AT ALL it SUDDENLY BLASTS the music at 50% and BLOWS OUT SPEAKERS!
FOR EXAMPLE, the phone's "Media Volume" is at 1 tick, it's lowest setting (out of 25 ticks.) Spotify is launched and the Media Volume is still at 1 tick. Music can be played and the volume can be adjust up or down no problem (the volume remains low.) Good so far...
Then I turn on my WiFi speaker (Samsung Q90R.) It show the volume is at 7 on the speaker (out of 100) on its display. It is not playing music, yet. I use Spotify to connect to an alternate listening device ("Devices Available" option) and pick the WiFi speaker. The music begins playing over the WiFi speaker and the volume is still relatively low at 7. I can use the remote control for the WiFi speaker to adjust the volume up or down (1% at a time), no problem. It adjusts smoothly up and down starting at the low level (7) it was at. Still going good...
Then as soon as I accidentally (by habit) use the phone's volume rocker (instead of the WiFi speaker's remote) to adjust the volume down slightly, KABOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE VOLUME SHOOTS WAY UP TO 50% ON THE PHONE'S "MEDIA VOLUME" ICON AND THEN ALSO ON THE WIFI SPEAKER DISPLAY, BLOWING OUT THE SPEAKERS, BREAKING WINDOWS AND WAKING THE DEAD AROUND THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!! (You don't wanna wake the dead, trust me... It sounds like fun, but it's not!)

WHAT THE **bleep** IS WRONG WITH YOU PROGRAMMERS AND TESTERS?! DOESN'T ANYONE TEST THIS **bleep** OUT? HOLY HORSECRAP!!!!
10 to 20 on my WiFi speaker is pretty loud. 50?!!!! 50 is like a massive comet streaking out of gawd's **bleep** crack straight into my eardrum at Mach 50. IT'S LOUD!!!! And it's HORSECRAP! It should never happen SUDDENLY!
SOUND LEVELS ON ANY DEVICE OR SPEAKER SYSTEM SHOULD NEVER JUMP INSTANTLY FROM 1 to 50 WITHOUT ALSO PASSING THRU 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, and 49 ON THE VOLUME DIAL.
IT SHOULD BE A GAWDAMN SAFETY FEATURE, YOU NITS! So, the way I count it, you **bleep** up at least 49 times, IN A ROW!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FIX THIS BEFORE THE WORLD SHATTERS!
And NO, I'm not going to test this **bleep** out for you unless you want to keep buying me new speaker systems! Just make it work properly... Thanks!

This seems to be a Spotify or Android bug of some type. It doesn't appear to be related to my WiFi Speakers/Sound Systems as it's happened to multiple devices. My best guess is it's a bug with Android as it's the "Media Volume" that shoots up when the Android Volume rocker on the side of the phone is touched. But it could also be some weird interaction between Spotify and Android or even the WiFi speakers. But since it happens when using Spotify and nothing else, I'm posting here first.

I've tried playing around with various audio setting in Spotify and Android, but can't find any setting that seems relevant and that can fix the problem.
I can't find any posts with a suggested fix. Just old ones like, Android-Volume-spike-when-using-Connect  that claim it's already "fixed."
But it's NOT! Or it's back? What the **bleep**!

Thanks.

Fix it for the kittens. They're counting on you!

But seriously, someone should be fired for this. It's a horrible mistake that appears to be years old and reoccuring. It should be fixed in multiple ways so volume can never jump so severly. Damaging equipment is infuriating, but you can seriously injure peoples' hearing doing this! Fix it once and for all or I will (by deinstalling and cancelling spotify.) Don't make me do it. My finger's hovering over the cancel button... I'll do it.... Trust me, I'll do it.... I'm about to do it... Just watch... It's gonna happen...

Who Me Too'd this topic