Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Who Me Too'd this topic

After minimizing Spotify, and coming back, it redirects to the Home Screen every time

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy s22+

Operating System

Android

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

So, this wasn't an issue till about a week ago. If I minimized Spotify to look at other apps on my phone, I could come back into Spotify and it would be on the same page I was just at. I do this a lot, letting Spotify play in the background while I switch to social media, mobile games, etc. 

Now, though, every time Spotify is minimized, or if I just switch to another app and come back (not closing it), Spotify redirects to the Home Screen every single time. This is incredibly annoying. 

For example, I like to listen to all the new releases every Friday, often while I'm working. So I'll put one album on, then close my phone because I don't want to be accidentally scrolling, etc. Every time I open Spotify again, it takes me to the home page, so I lose my place where I was in the list of new releases.

I also have a playlist I use often that is a "maybe" playlist, songs I might or might not like. This playlist requires that I remove songs from it after I've listened to them (they either get a like or do not), but are always removed from the playlist. I do this a lot when I'm walking, so I obviously lock my phone. Every time I lock my phone and come back into spotify to remove a song, I have to go find my playlist again because guess what I see? The home screen.

I think this bug happened for a short while last year too. I can't fathom this is working intentionally. But I couldn't find another topic for it in the ongoing issues. So I hope this gets looked at. It's very frustrating.

Repro Steps

1. Log into Spotify on Galaxy S22+ device.

2. Observe that the Home screen displays 

3. Click on a link to any other page (playlist, album, etc.)

4. Hit the "Home" button for the Samsung phone (not for spotify).

5. Observe that the user is now on the Samsung home screen

6. Open Spotify again

7. Observe that the user is shown the Spotify home screen

8. navigate to another page (artist, album, playlist, etc.)

9. Hit the lock screen button on the phone.

10. Unlock the phone

11. Open Spotify

12. Observe that the user is redirected to the Spotify Home Screen

Who Me Too'd this topic