Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can anyone change my username?

Solved!

Can anyone change my username?

Hello, I have registered a account on Spotify named "fillycheese" for a while and Im getting tired of the username.. so I was wondering if any moderator could change my username to "MusicVortex"? If one of the mods can that will be great. Im really getting tired of this username so please anyone change my username?

Username I want it to be changed to: MusicVortex

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Unfortunately, you can't change your username.

But you can open a new account and if you get in touch with the Spotify staff directly using the online contact form, they will be able to assist you in moving all of your playlists and things over to the new account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Well you can't change your username.
But err. Fillycheese is an awesome Name at all 😄

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Well to me the username "fillycheese" kinda sucks

Marked as solution

Unfortunately, you can't change your username.

But you can open a new account and if you get in touch with the Spotify staff directly using the online contact form, they will be able to assist you in moving all of your playlists and things over to the new account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the staff will get back to you as soon as possible.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/How-can-i-change-my-my-spotify-usern...

There you go 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

Seriously @carina_
We are exactly thinking The same :DD

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

I wanted a different username so I created another acoount and now i want to delete it. Can you help me change my username to karinzabrina ? Thanks 

I wanted a different username so I created another acoount and now i want to delete it. (account name: karinzabrina) Can you help me change my username from fairykarin to karinzabrina ? Thanks 

@user-removed

Read this post for instructions on how to delete your account

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Deleting-your-account/td-p/173950

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

haha omg, so you are telling me you cant change our acc names? ofc this is possible ive spoken to somone in spotify who told me you can change acc names ofc you can!!!! what iff some one makes one with an innapropriate name ofc u can change it.

Pls contact me on <removed>

so i can have my acc name changed, iff you still say its not possible then contact me i want you guys to delete my acc, and restore it with a diffrent name or i wil stop using spotify all togheter and get as many off my friends to do the same..

Hello, I have tried to cahnge my usename but when I go on to my Spotify it says the same old username, I was wondering if you could change my username to sydneyschutt14

Hey @sydneyschutt14

The username you chose when you signed up to Spotify cannot be changed. The username you chose for this community forum is separate from your actual Spotify account.

If you would like a different username for your Spotify account, you will need to create a new account with the desired username. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Im currently a spotify premium user, but I am trying to change my username. I've read that it isnt possible to change your username unless you make a new account and sumbit a contact request form or something in order to get your playlists transferred. Would my premium membership be able to get transferred over as well?

@stixhunter

Yes, your premium privileges can migrate too.

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for facebook (past or present).

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hy Guys I have a huge problem My User Name is Mario McPherson, and My artist name it's Mario mcPherson, I need followers, people are following me as a user and what I need to achive it's follwers as an artist eg. as a User I have 170 follwers , as an Artist only 45, how can I change my name as a user to don't confuse my followers? 

Mario McPherson

@McPherson72

You should get in touch with Spotify Artists:

http://www.spotifyartists.com/contact-us/

Hopefully they can merge both accounts for you.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts