Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Solved!

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Hi,

I have no idea how but when I log into Spotify I now have my friend's Facebook account connected to it instead of mine.

I need to have it disconnected - I have followed numerous instructions (i.e. disconnected from Facebook under 'preferences') but it still continues to show her name on the top right hand corner when I log in and is connected to her account.

Can someone please help me disconnect her account from my Spotify?

Thank you.

350 Replies

I'll do just that. Thanks for the suggestion.

Umm, me too please..

Thanks 🙂

Marked as solution

Posting my previous instructions again in case people missed them :

1. Try disconnecting yourself in your Preferences (Mac: Spotify > Preferences | Win: Edit > Preferences). The option to disconnect will be at the bottom. [Only for users who created their account via Spotify]

2. See my thread here in case you've ended up with a duplicate account via Facebook

3. Get in touch via our contact form and our support team will get back to you as soon as they can.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Marked as solution

Hello I have 

I have got somehow the account of the oesterham and my own account somehow linked when i tried logging into spotify from the community center "the oesterham " - premium account wqith my own "free"account via facebook log in. 

Now i see their playlist and mine are gone, 

Please unlink them. 

Thanks in advance

Best warm regards\Radia 

Marked as solution

Radia - Just disconnected them for you. If you do experience this again, please try the steps Richard mentions above.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi can you help me too please. I can't get into Spotify on my pc anymore because i have to "login with facebook"  as if i try wit spotify details it tells me i am in the wrong country - I set up spotify in spain and i know i need to go in and change this within spotify but as i said i can't get it in because when i click the login with facebook it automatically goes to my son's facebook page for some reason. (he has used his own spotify account on the same pc).  Can you please disconnect us?!

ps 1  it did allow me to login HERE through facebook though!

ps 2  I did try the spotify login first though and it said incorrect password tho i am pretty sure it is not.

hoghem - I'd make sure you're entirely logged out of Facebook before trying to log into Spotify again.

And you can always get in touch via our contact form if you'd like us to look into this further.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Please can you separate my account from Facebook?

@dannystacey wrote:

Please can you separate my account from Facebook?

Your account was created via Facebook, so can't be disconnected.

Hi, I disconnected my FB account from my spotify account and after logging out and back in, it still shows my FB Name and avatar instead of my spotify one. Any way to change that? Also I keep getting a bar at the top of the windows app in pink 'failed to enable spotify social'. It's distracting. Anyway to get rid of it? Thanks.

Edit: Fixed the first issue by logging out and deleting all temp data from appdata. Still getting the pink bar though.

Hi anurbanlegend - So right now there's still a Facebook linked to your account. 

When you go to your Preferences Page you should still see the option to 'Disconnect from Facebook'. if you're still getting that pink bar once you've disconnected just try connecting and disconnecting from FB one more time. 

Reconnecting and disconnecting my FB account fixed it like you suggested. Thanks!

I accidently connected my facebook account to my sister's spotify. I don't know how to disconnect them. I'm on my sister's account right now.  Can anyone help me?

spimentel36 - Right now there isn't a Facebook linked to your sister's account. Are you able to sign in with your FB email and password now?

For future reference, your sister can disconnect FB from her account by going to her Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

I've just done the same thing to my spotify account. Can someone please unlink the facebook account associated with my spotify account. 

Thanks

vuker - You can do this via your Preferences Page--just see my post above. 

Hi,

I'd really like to be able to define which account is connected to my Spotify account as well - can you sort me out with a similar quick fix as listed above? 

Thanks a bunch!

@user-removed wrote:

Hi,

I'd really like to be able to define which account is connected to my Spotify account as well - can you sort me out with a similar quick fix as listed above? 

Thanks a bunch!

Hey!

Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can choose which Facebook account your Spotify account is connected to by using the "Connect to Facebook" button on the edit > preferences window inside Spotify. (You might need to disconnect first)

If you sign into Spotify with your Facebook account and not a dedicated Spotify account then there is no way to change it without making a new account!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello

A friend accidently connected her facebook account to my spotify account. Can you please disconnect her from my account?

Suggested posts