Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Solved!

I have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify account

Hi,

I have no idea how but when I log into Spotify I now have my friend's Facebook account connected to it instead of mine.

I need to have it disconnected - I have followed numerous instructions (i.e. disconnected from Facebook under 'preferences') but it still continues to show her name on the top right hand corner when I log in and is connected to her account.

Can someone please help me disconnect her account from my Spotify?

Thank you.

350 Replies

Hi! I have the wrong facebook account connected to my spotify account, can you please help me change this? Sincerly, sukkrt0y

sukkrt0y - They might be disconnected now - Try logging out and back in.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Yes please disconnect my facebook account from corentind1.

I'd like to then upgrade to premium. Will I be able to do so through my facebook login? 

Thanks so much!

eiiii i dont know if it is tbe sa e that happens to me. I had an account on spotify with the user JARRIELLIMPIO and the i started loging in with my facebook. last week my girlfriend log in with my user name and now i lost my playlist and everything before i started using my facebook...buffffffffffffffff

my user number is

thanksssss

Hi. My facebook is connected to the wrong Spotify account. If I listen to a song from Facebook I get automatically loged in to my friends Spotify account. Now I am already loged in on y friends account. This account should be disconnected to my friends account. Can you help out pls?

Hi i also have the wrong facebook account linked to my spotify. Can you remove it?

I'm really hating the requirement that Spotify be linked to *any* FB account. PUH-LEASE fix this !!!

Yes please! 

But then I'd like to upgrade to premium...will I be able to do that using my facebook login?

Thank you!

Hey guys we're having a bit of trouble keeping up with all the posts in this thread so we might not be able to help you all out, as much as we'd like to.

If you're having problems please check the following:

1. Try disconnecting yourself in your Preferences (Mac: Spotify > Preferences | Win: Edit > Preferences). The option to disconnect will be at the bottom. [Only for users who created their account via Spotify]

2. See my thread here in case you've ended up with a duplicate account via Facebook3

3. Get in touch via our contact form and our support team will get back to you as soon as they can.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I have the same problem, My friend's facebook account is linked to my spotify account, can you disconnect my spotify account from this facebook account?

@robertlemare wrote:

I have the same problem, My friend's facebook account is linked to my spotify account, can you disconnect my spotify account from this facebook account?

Done.

For future reference, please see the post directly above yours. It has instructions for how you can do this yourself.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,  I have the same problem - would you apply the same fix for me please

Please,can you disconnect my spotify account from this facebook account?

Peterpunk999 - As you created your Spotify account through your Facebook, we won't be able to disconnect the two, no.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem but you only allow us to sign up using a facebook account. I pay for premium so please allow me to reconnect to a different facebook account.

Please and thank you.

Facebook is no longer required to sign up. However, if you did sign up while it was required, you're permanently connected. In that case you need to create a new account.

If you don't want to be connected to Facebook, choose "Create an account with my email address" on the sign up page. Even if you do want a Facebook connection, I recommend this route because it allows you to connect and disconnect from Facebook accounts at any time.

When did the Facebook requirement get dropped?

I found out about it on August 30th. There was no announcement at all and there still isn't, they just quietly put a "sign up with email" link at the bottom of the signup page.

That is so screwed. I'm already jumping through hoops trying to get my play lists situated with the right account. Now I'll need to start over, since it was all due to a f'd up Facebook thing to begin with. But :'(

I really don't understand why Spotify is pushing Facebook logins so hard. A normal Spotify username can be connected and disconnected with Facebook at any time, but signing up through a Facebook login permanently ties your Spotify up to that Facebook account. Makes no sense.

You could try creating a new Spotify username and then asking support to move your playlists.

Suggested posts