NEXT STEP

LOGIN PROBLEMS AND PLAYBACK ON LAPTOP PROBLEMS

LOGIN PROBLEMS AND PLAYBACK ON LAPTOP PROBLEMS

ERROR WHEN TRYING TO POST THIS 37FF74E2

Premium

USA

iPhone 11

TWO ISSUES:

1). Music stops playing after 2-3 songs when listening on my MacBook.

2). I did what was suggested here and signed out of everything, now I am not able to login on my phone.  When I try to login using Facebook as I always do it says LOGIN FAILED something went wrong try again. I tried using my password which didn't work so I tried logging in without password and the link they emailed me says it's no longer valid.  I tried this 3 times. So now I can't listen on my laptop or my phone. Please advise.  

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

3 Replies

Hi there @Hobo727,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. 

Can you try to log in with your email address to see if the issue persist?

When it comes to your music stop playing we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Another useful step to try is to remove your hosts files. You can do it by following these steps:

1. Open Finder and, in Finder’s menu bar, select Go > Go to Folder. In the box, type the following location: /private/etc/hosts and press return
  2. A new Finder window will open and your Mac’s hosts file will be selected. Click and drag it out of the Finder window and drop it on your desktop
  3. To open it, simply double-click and it will display the file’s contents in TextEdit 
  4. Check for any entries with Spotify in the address
  5. If you do find any lines with Spotify, please remove them
  6. Save your changes and restart Spotify

Let us know how everything goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes I see that this is the standard answer and suggestions you repeatedly give to similar questions so I’ve tried all of that. And it doesn’t work. And there is no option to reset my password only the option to log in without one using a link sent to my email but like I said when I click on the link it says it is no longer valid. So I click on resend a link and that one doesn’t work either.

Hi again @Hobo727,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try to reset your password and open the link in an incognito/private window?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts