Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

@alexacus 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi There! Since a few days ago I've been getting error code 408 every time I try to log in to Spotify on my iPhone. I have, however, not been abroad: I reside in Canada, signed up for Spotify Free in Canada, and haven't left since I've had it. Naturally I checked out my profile, and Spotify seems to think I'm in Great Britain for some reason. So I went to edit my profile, as suggested, but since I use Spotify via Facebook profile login, it only lets me change my email, birth date and name only by heading to Facebook. However, on Facebook, my country is correctly set as being Canada. So what can I do to fix this?
Thanks!
Tristan

@TristanHarrison

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks!

Heya,

I got my account back when I was living in Germany, moved to the UK about 10 months ago and I've never had troubles logging in (I'm a premium user btw), but now it says that my country does not match the one in my profile. It doesn't give me the option to change it (and I don't know how to do it on facebook?). I read that your billing address has to be one in your "new" country, but that's not possible for me right now, so is there any other way to fix this? Thanks!

Hallo, i've problem with the access from all my device: error 408 but I'm not abroad. With a second  profile I've not the same problem....?!

Thank you for tour support.

Best regresso, Alessandro from Italy

I am in the military and am stationed in japan. I’m getting error 408. I have tried to go to my account settings and change my country the only option I get is the USA how do I change it to japan? 

Contact Spotify Support with your problem. You'll get an automated reply, reply to it, and they'll answer within 24-48 hours. They'll fix it. Worked for me! Best wishes, Tristan

oi

I also am having problems with my account, getting the same 408 error. It's a free account, and as much as I try to reset a new password, it will never accept it, and continues to pop open the 408 error. Help?

I was living in Nicaragua and now in the States and I cant log in because of the 408 error. What do I have to do? It says below the error that there is a problem with the country. How can I solve it?

Hello i Live in Germany and my Account is in Germany too the Problem is the408 Code and i use no Proxy please

Spotify has updated itself and it started show me this error but I'm in the same country I've ever been. What can I do?

@emiliamonteros

Have a look at your country setting in your profile page.

Make sure your IP address matches the country you're currently at, and the one in your profile. You can check it here.

osorniosSpotify Star

I have been using my facebook account to login to spotify with no issues, after a few week using it an error started appearing with the following message:

Your country does not match the one set in your profile. To continue use, update your profile or upgrade you Spotify account. (Error code: 408)

I have checked my profile and it matches my profile.

I have no idea what to do...

@crudin

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.
Finally, your payment method (if you were Premium) must match your country too.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi guys, just brought a samsung s7, I have premium and it was working fine on my old phone . First time I tried to log in I got "408". I am still in Australia and that is my billing address. I havent been able to log in for 2 days. I cant get into any devices now. Please help - paying money for nothing!

Marked as solution

@amy33

Country restrictions only apply for Free accounts.

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases?

In them, they show your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks but am definitely using my premium log in. It is something else also as mentioned above I havent left the country . I have emailed support.

same problem does it work if i get an premuim acount ? 

Suggested posts