Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have problems to log in on my app- and I do not want to use my facebook account.. I got error 408? What should I do? I can log in on my computer.

333 Replies

Can anyone help me please. Can't log in it says that the country does not match the one in my profile. And yet, can't change my country in Account Profile. It gives me Error 408. What can I do?

Hey @angelirafa,

Error 408 occurs when your current geographical location does not match the one set in your profile.

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Finally, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

when can we get spotify in India????

@Peter wrote:

@Sacrevy wrote:
I have a premium account which I use on my holiday in paris (I live in amsterdam, netherlands) with the spotify iphone app, even though it's premium, I still get the 408 error since today. Kind regards, Sacrevy.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You will never get error 408 on an active premium account, so something is not quite right there! 

Can you just double check your subscription is still showing as premium on your online overview and you are logging in using the correct details on your device? 

Peter

Just to make clear why this post is useful, indeed a Premium User won't get an Error 408 message, if he logs in using the correct credentials (username+password).

In my case, for instance, I am Premium and still get Error 408 if I use the wrong password.

Not the smartest error code, though, it would be nice if Spotify team could show something a little more descriptive.

Anyways, thank you, Peter!

@osornios wrote:

Hey @angelirafa,

Error 408 occurs when your current geographical location does not match the one set in your profile.

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Finally, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Hope it helps. 🙂

Mmmm actually, this does no fit for me, but luckily (at least in my case) there is a very simple solution.

- I am Premium.

- I am in Brazil.

- My IP is identified as belonging to Brazil.

- My account is brazilian.

- Never been abroad.

- Still getting Error 408 if I use the wrong password. The right one gets me logged in successfully, though 🙂

I would be happy to see a better error message, anyways.

I have premium and still getting this error.  The web app works, but the desktop nor the Android app allow me to login.

Please help.  This is VERY frustrating.

I'm in Canada, paid for premium with a Canadian credit card and all my account settings are Canada.... grrrrrrr

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 5.22.44 PM.png

Hey @jdabecker,

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

After that, check the status of your subscription. If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Good day! 

I have a problem with 408

Account settings:

I'm from GB

My account GB

Spotify - Free account

Currenly staying in Russian Federation and maybe 2 weeks was good but now can't log in? What should I do?

Hello!
I'm italian and there is registred my fb's account, but I live in Israel and I've created a spotify account after I came here, but I also have a roblem with 408 error: what should I do?

Thanks 

Hey @edisaac @mrfaffer

Unfortunately, if Spotify hasn't launched in the countries you're staying, you won't be able to use the service until it does.

You can find more info here.

osorniosSpotify Star

Good morning, 

I have upgraded to premium account today, however, when I try to log into the application, I receive the same error 408 (country does not match....).

Could you help, please?

regards,

Ben

Marked as solution

Hey @BDRO

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star

I get this error 408 with Spotify Free again, even if have never used this account outside Sweden. I have tried updating my profile (the country settings were correct there anyway), logged out on all devices and disabled all applications. I have no plans of paying for premium or moving to the country Spotify Free thinks I belong in. My user ID is 118577912

Hi, I have a premiun account in Colombia but since six months ago I'm living in Spain. Since a month ago I can't use my account because I hadn`t changed the country on my profile, so I cancelled my premium account and once became a free account I got again my premium account with a credit card from Spain, but it's still not working. I've already check the country ES on muy profile but I couldn't access from my cellphone.

I've read that if I have a premium that error shouldn't be happen, and I don't know how to fix it. Thanks!!

cuenta spot.png
Marked as solution

Hey @milenacasro

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,

I live in the Netherlands and I've had a Spotify Free account for a couple of years. This summer I went to Uganda and Tanzania, but now i'm back in the Netherlands. I try to sign in on Spotify, but it says that my country doesn't match the country shown in my profile.. The country in my profile is the Netherlands, so what is going wrong?

Hi I have the same issue, error 408, I'm in Toronto, Canada but  I'm using a free account. How can I fix this ? thanks 

spotify.PNG

Hi, don't use your e-mail as a username when you're trying to sign in. It
worked for me but I have a premium account.

Marked as solution

La unica Solución.. about 408 error, change country. es descargarse la App VPN gratis en tu mobil, la app esta en play google. Despues de activar VPN, abre tu spotify en el mobil. Se te desbloqueará automaticamente en el ordenador.

Marked as solution

Hey @kyraekker @listma19

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts