Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Move offline-mode ability.

Move offline-mode ability.

I am only aloud to have offline-ability on three devices.
I have it on my homepc, my android-phone and on my office-computer.
Now my homepc is dead. And i have bought a new one. How do i change so that i can continue to listen to my music when the network is down?

3 Replies

I am wanting to know the answer to this question before I purchase premium.  I want to be able to do this quickly if one of my devices "dies".  Mobile phones seem so flimsy nowadays that it does and will happen often.  I don't want to be stuck without functionality because of this strange rule.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You are allowed to have 3 devices that you sync offline tracks to, each with 3,333 tracks (approx). 

If you buy a new device and want to replace one of your existing 3, try and sync offline on your new device. If you get an error message saying you have too many devices, just drop a post onto this topic and a member of staff can reset your offline devices for you. It will however require a resync off all offline content on all you devices.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

"Offline authorisation" is assigned using a queue system. The first 3 devices go into the queue. When you sync on device #4, device #1 is deauthorised.

This way, you never have to worry about a dead or lost device permanently hogging an authorisation place.

The downside is that, if your dead device is #2 or #3 in the queue, you will have to push through until you reach it. This means that one or two devices become deauthorised in the process.

Suggested posts