Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook Account Linked

Solved!

Wrong Facebook Account Linked

My wife logged into my spotify account on her laptop and now spotify thinks I'm her and is posting all of my listening to her facebook account. I saw other people have the same issue and support has to disconnect them since there's no actua real disconnect button in the preferences of the application. 

Can someone disconnect my wife's facebook from my account please?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there,

That should have been taken care of now - Check your account!
Airhorn Enthusiast

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@user-removed - If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to get you back to your account.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@kloosie - How long ago did you disconnect that account? It can take 24-48 hours for the Facebook data to be removed.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

40 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there,

That should have been taken care of now - Check your account!
Airhorn Enthusiast

Thank you David. This method of doing things is really not a convenient thing for users or Spotify staff such as yourself. Is there going to be an improvement to this? Automatically grabbing the facebook cookie from the machine is really not a great plan. I'd like to be able to manage the account myself when stuff like this happens.

Thanks again for the help though.

What exactly causes a Spotify account to be linked to Facebook? The only methods that should link a Spotify and Facebook account should be that the user clicks "Connect to Facebook" in Spotify preferences or the Spotify website. Obviously there's some secret methods as well because users keep getting accidentally connected to Facebook without their approval.

Why is this happening? I do NOT want Spotify to ever get connected to Facebook and there's obviously a way that this can happen without the user's consent. Stop this.

redisant - There certainly is. Under the Preferences menu, there should be an option under the "Social Networking" tab called "Disconnect From Facebook"

Stupify - Spotify would only connect with Facebook on consent of the user. Such consent would be -

* Creating a new account

* Connecting an older account to Facebook in the Spotify Client (Preferences menu, various "Connect to Facebook" buttons, clicking on "Get Started" on the "People" section

* Clicking on one of the Spotify Play Buttons over on Facebook. 

* Logging in with an email address rather than your username.

Although in the last two cases, you'll see the prompt below. To get through to the client, some things need to be accepted. By clicking on the "Are you <USER>? Please login", it will connect that username to the Facebook account in question. By clicking "I'm new to Spotify, let's go!", it will create a new account connected to aforementioned Facebook account. By clicking the "X" at the top of the box, it will log you out. 

test.png

Airhorn Enthusiast

David, While that button is there now, when I was having the problem I assure you that it was not. The "Connect" button was there and didn't work.

Hmm, not too sure why it would have disappeared...
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hey!

I have the same problem with wrong facebook account linked to my spotify. It's my mothers, her name is in the profile box on the top right of the screen when I log in. When I look in the Preference option it says: Connet to Facebook, but when I try it fails. 

I feel like i've reached a dead end. Can someone help me?

Cheers 

I need my facebook acount to be unlinked with the spotify acount benjaminrobertpope as this link seems to be blocking me from acessing my own acount which i am paying for but unable to access currently. many thanks,

sebbe_theo & maryslatt - Done and done. Let us know if you have any other trouble. 

Im having same issue my user name is saying its my friends since i logged in at his house lost all my playlists

I got the same issue when I made an account for my baby brother, his FB account got linked to my spotify. Is there a way to unlink this myself ?

/P

Hey there!

Absolutely. You can unlink Facebook account easily. Go to Edit and then to Preferences. Then scroll to bottom and Disconnect from Facebook.

I hope I made your day with this answer.

Have a nice day!

There certainly is. Under the Preferences menu, there should be an option under the "Social Networking" tab called "Disconnect From Facebook"

This is not an option on my spotify.  I have two facebook accounts and I need to disconnect my Premium Spotify account with my facebook with the email thatsmrskelly2u@live.com and sync it with my current facebook account with the email wildchild50476@live.com

Can someone please help?! 

Thanks!

@thatsmrskelly2u wrote:

There certainly is. Under the Preferences menu, there should be an option under the "Social Networking" tab called "Disconnect From Facebook"

This is not an option on my spotify.  I have two facebook accounts and I need to disconnect my Premium Spotify account with my facebook with the email thatsmrskelly2u@live.com and sync it with my current facebook account with the email wildchild50476@live.com

HI thatsmrskelly2u - There seems to be a bit of confusion here regarding connecting/ disconnecting your Facebook. 

This option is only available for users that signed up without Facebook and created a unique username. If you joined through Facebook that option won't appear. Disconnecting is not possible. 

If you need help with a new account you've created please fill out the contact form. We can then help via email. 

could you tell me how to unlink from facebook? i go to preferences, social share but i can't see any link to unlink from fb, there is only twitter. could you help me? i linked to facebook but i didn't want it.

i've tried in preferences on pc and also on my mobile app. now in my mobile app i see in "people" some facebook friends, why?

thanks

Hi identity71 - I've just moved your post over to this more relevant thread. Please see my post above for more info on this subject. 

it's strange i log in spotify with my credentials not with facebook account. i've linked to fb today. when i registered spotify facebook was not integrated.

i'll try to see on desktop app, maybe there "disconnect from fb" appears.

@identity71 wrote:

it's strange i log in spotify with my credentials not with facebook account. i've linked to fb today. when i registered spotify facebook was not integrated.

i'll try to see on desktop app, maybe there "disconnect from fb" appears.

Have you been doing this witih your mobile app? This can only be done from the desktop app--please give that a try when you get a chance. 

Hi there,

I tried to run Spotiofy on my friend's account, and now my spotify account appears to be linked to my friend's facebook - could you work Technilogical wizardry to unlink the two, please? 

Thanks - dom.flannelcat

Suggested posts