Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 107 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 107 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 114 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 114 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Student discount not working

I'm currently nearing the end of my 3 month trial and want to take advantage of the NUS student discount. However clicking the following link https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/nus/go Just takes me to my account page with the error message: 'Oops! So...

• Visitor
  • I'm currently nearing the end of my 3 month trial and want to take advantage of the NUS student discount. However clicking the following link   https://www.spotify.com/uk/student/nus/go &nbsp...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

upgraded from ulimited to premium - is there a way back?

Hi, yesterday I upgraded my Spotify unlimited to premium. I wanted to use Spotify connect on my FireTV. Because I had problems with Spotify connect I wanted to go back to unlimitetd but there isn't any link for that option - I think because unlimited...

• Hi, yesterday I upgraded my Spotify unlimited to premium. I wanted to use Spotify connect on my FireTV. Because I had problems with Spotify connect I wanted to go back to unlimitetd but there isn't a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Two accounts ?

Hello, I discovered today that I have another account (unused) on spotify with my Facebook display picture and name, and the present one (with same email ID) I am avtively using has weird username and display picture. Is there a way I can delete the ...

• Hello,   I discovered today that I have another account (unused) on spotify with my Facebook display picture and name, and the present one (with same email ID) I am avtively using has weird us...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Other
    Premium
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgraded to premium and it's not showing up

So I upgraded to premium yesterday using the student discount and it hasn't shown up yet. I tried logging out and then back in. I also reinstalled the app but neither of those things worked. I never got a receipt of the transaction so I'm unsure if i...

• So I upgraded to premium yesterday using the student discount and it hasn't shown up yet. I tried logging out and then back in. I also reinstalled the app but neither of those things worked. I never ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cancelled my subscription yet still being charged

I purchased the holiday promotion price of 3 months for 1 dollar. As soon as I purchased this I cancelled my subscription to avoid the charge of normal priced premium service. At the end of the subscription I was charged for the next month. I used th...

• I purchased the holiday promotion price of 3 months for 1 dollar. As soon as I purchased this I cancelled my subscription to avoid the charge of normal priced premium service. At the end of the subsc...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Family plan issue

I sent my wife a invite to joing my family plan 1+1. When she clicks on it it says that there is a error or she is already premium. Any thoughts? Thank you,Rich

• I sent my wife a invite to joing my family plan 1+1.  When she clicks on it it says that there is a error or she is already premium.  Any thoughts?   Thank you, Rich
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

they deactivated my acccount

i received a mail that my account was deactivated because of a debit rejection .. but i dont undesratand why becauase i was paying premium with a 1 month gift card ..... THEY BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT ..... WHYYYY ... how can i re activate it ... HELP ME PL...

• Regular
  • i received a mail that my account was deactivated because of a debit rejection .. but i dont undesratand why becauase i was paying premium with a 1 month gift card ..... THEY BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
    Subscription
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

playlists removed from app

please read the whole situation before resonding because it's a little different than the scenarios ive read already I recently logged in to spotify on my pc to rearrange some playlists ive been making on my phone more easily but when i did I lost al...

• ...isconnecting from fb and reinstalling the app. I made all of my playlists public and can't even find them via a search anymore to just "follow" them. I emailed customer service but they were of no help, I r...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Student

Hi Guys, i am trying to change my Spotify Premium subscribton to Spotify Student, but i can't find a way that works. I also tried to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium and then subscribe to the student version, but Spotify keeps telling my i can't reci...

• Hi Guys,   i am trying to change my Spotify Premium subscribton to Spotify Student, but i can't find a way that works.   I also  tried to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium and then ...
  • nima2410
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Cannot login to spotify from any device

Hi I have spotify from GB premium. Yesterday everything was normal but today all devices asked login and when i tried to fcebook login as routine, could not login to application. Normally i got premium from GB but until 2 years i am located in Turkey...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi    I have spotify from GB premium. Yesterday everything was normal but today all devices asked login and when i tried to fcebook login as routine, could not login to application. ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Login
    Premium
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

"Could Not Buy Premium" message

Spotify seems to be a bit stuffed on my wife's iPhone. I'd like to change to premium, but get the error:"Unable to Purchase. This item is for an app that was purchased by a different Apple ID. To buy this item with this Apple ID, you must first purch...

• Spotify seems to be a bit stuffed on my wife's iPhone.   I'd like to change to premium, but get the error: "Unable to Purchase. This item is for an app that was purchased by a different Apple...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will a Premium Spotif subscription work in St. Barth?

Will Spotify work using a local WiFi connection in the Caribbean island of St. Barth? Thanks, Rob

• Will Spotify work using a local WiFi connection in the Caribbean island of St. Barth?   Thanks,   Rob
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Student Discount Wont Work

So a few days ago my Spotify decided to stop accepting my payments for my student discount and now im being forced to use the free version. Whenever i try to re-purchase spotify premium through the student discount it brings me to a 1) payment page, ...

• So a few days ago my Spotify decided to stop accepting my payments for my student discount and now im being forced to use the free version. Whenever i try to re-purchase spotify premium through the s...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Upgrading to Premium, as student

Hey everyone, I'm trying to upgrade my free account (that I've had for a while) to Spotify Premium, with student discount. It seems I am only able to get the student discount by getting a new account? Obviously I don't want to do this as I'll have to...

• Hey everyone,   I'm trying to upgrade my free account (that I've had for a while) to Spotify Premium, with student discount. It seems I am only able to get the student discount by getting a ne...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Every time I try to upgrade it says error

Every time I try to upgrade to Spotify Premium using the student discount it says an error occured after I type in my cc information. Its been verified that I am a student and my cards are active so that isn't the issue. I've tried multiple times on ...

• Every time I try to upgrade to Spotify Premium using the student discount it says an error occured after I type in my cc information. Its been verified that I am a student and my cards are active so ...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Notifications are always only about one genre

The notifications that spotify sends me via email or via the app recommending or inforing me of new releases are always about the same genre: Sleep soundsRelaxationMeditation I have several playlists and one is a chill out playlist with these kind of...

• Casual Listener
  • The notifications that spotify sends me via email or via the app recommending or inforing me of new releases are always about the same genre:   Sleep sounds Relaxation Meditation   I ...
  • zooto68
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account hijacked, changed password & email

My account has been hijacked. Password and account email have been changed so I cannot reset account info. I had to make a new account to post this message. Case #: 02766688 Can someone please escalate this so I don't have to wait the many days other...

• My account has been hijacked. Password and account email have been changed so I cannot reset account info. I had to make a new account to post this message.   Case #: 02766688  Can someon...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
    Security
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No longer have spotify premium?

Hello!I've been a long time spotify user; I love the service. For the last year (or two) I've paid for premium service without any incident. Today, my account - online and in the app - suggests that I only have a free subscription. I've logged out an...

• Hello! I've been a long time spotify user; I love the service. For the last year (or two) I've paid for premium service without any incident. Today, my account - online and in the app - suggests t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Doubt limit of songs offline

Hi, I got a message on my smartphone saying "has alcanzado la cantidad máxima de canciones disponibles sin conexión" and that I must desactivate some lsit in order to keep downloading songs offline. Even tough I've read this thread https://community....

• Music Fan
  • Hi, I got a message on my smartphone saying "has alcanzado la cantidad máxima de canciones disponibles sin conexión" and that I must desactivate some lsit in order to keep downloading songs offline. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My account got kicked off of Premium

I've had a premium account forever, but I just tried logging into Spotify and it says I have a free account. All of my playlists and music are gone. I just checked my Chase app and I was charged $9.99 on April 2nd. What the hell.

• I've had a premium account forever, but I just tried logging into Spotify and it says I have a free account.  All of my playlists and music are gone.  I just checked my Chase app and I was ...
  • Jnewman2543
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
    Other
    Premium
    Subscription
    Unlimited
  • 5 replies