Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • kafkaU
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 965 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 115 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 115 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Core618
  • Casual Listener
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 68 replies
  • 10 likes

Can't login to account

PlanPremiumCountry HollandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9, IMac, Macbook pro My Question or Issue Hi, My boyfriend has a premium spotify account and he uses it on his phone. This week the screen of his phone broke so he bought a new one. But now he can't log...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Holland Device Samsung Galaxy S9, IMac, Macbook pro  My Question or Issue   Hi,   My boyfriend has a premium spotify account and he uses it...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Login
    Premium
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Forgotten Email and my username wont work

PlanPremiumCountry United KingdomDeviceiPhone 8, Playstation 4 Operating System(iOS 11 , Windows 10 My Question or Issue Im trying to login to my account on my pc but it wont work as i forgot my username and email is there a way to get this as im log...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom Device iPhone 8, Playstation 4  Operating System (iOS 11 , Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Im trying to login to my account ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Old Spotify Account. Playlists are still visible as Google search results.

I deleted my old Spotify account a couple months ago because its username had my real name in it. Unfortunately some of the playlists created with this account are still visible as results when I search for my old username in Google.Is there a way to...

• Casual Listener
  • I deleted my old Spotify account a couple months ago because its username had my real name in it. Unfortunately some of the playlists created with this account are still visible as results when I sea...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Lost my account for no reason

I had another account besides this one I'm writing with which username was "Allahakbar"I used this account for a one month free trial and then decided to use the premium version even if I created it randomly.A few minutes ago when I opened spotify I ...

• Visitor
  • I had another account besides this one I'm writing with which username was "Allahakbar" I used this account for a one month free trial and then decided to use the premium version even if I created i...
  • Lordthedn
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUK DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHi - am running a free version of Spotify (which is awesome, BTW) that worked fine until yesterday. It did a Windows update last night, and now won't let me access t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country UK   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue Hi - am running a free version of Spotify (which is awesome, BTW) that worke...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Free
    Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Hacked

My account was hacked, the music I was listening to changed to something I did not choose and a device called Javi appeared in my available devices menu. I have now changed my password and removed all devices except my own computer. I would like spot...

• My account was hacked, the music I was listening to changed to something I did not choose and a device called Javi appeared in my available devices menu.   I have now changed my password and r...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution French speaking in Belgium

Hello Spotify. I'm an early adapter and I believe I became a paid member since early 2012. I am just upset to receive every update, emails, news and suggestions in Flemish.English or French is OK but for 6 years now, everything in Flemish is just eno...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify.   I'm an early adapter and I believe I became a paid member since early 2012. I am just upset to receive every update, emails,  news and suggestions in Flemish. English or...
  • hugeseamammal
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Account
    Subscription
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why is my profile not showing?

PlanPremiumCountry Germany My Question or IssueWhen I log into spotify my profile won't fully show up. All I can see is my ID (some numbers instead of my Facebook name as previously), my followers and my recently played artists. You can't find me by ...

• Visitor
  • ...y Facebook name as previously), my followers and my recently played artists. You can't find me by typing in my name and you can't see my (public) playlists. My account is linked to my facebook p...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Account
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unknown music starts in my WLAN speaker

Hello, the last two weeks my WLAN speaker starts to play music, sometimes in the afternoon sometimes in the middle of the night. It is very scary and we don't like this kind of music. When I turn off spotify, it starts again with that music ("Cannabi...

• Visitor
  • Hello, the last two weeks my WLAN speaker starts to play music, sometimes in the afternoon sometimes in the middle of the night. It is very scary and we don't like this kind of music. When I turn off...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Security
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Changing my Country

PlanFreeCountry Dubai, UAEDevice Macbook Pro and Iphone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue I got a code 17 and when I tried to change my country settings so that it will work where I am living, Dubai, UAE, The UAE won't show up and the only...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country  Dubai, UAE Device  Macbook Pro and Iphone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue   I got a code 17 and when I tried to change my country se...
  • mangogirl2003
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

On Family account but it isn't working on my IPhone only on computer?

I logged on thru the computer and did the premium invitation on the internet but when I go into the app it doesn’t come up as premium it is still the free service? Out family only has 4 people in it.

• I logged on thru the computer and did the premium invitation on the internet but when I go into the app it doesn’t come up as premium it is still the free service?  Out family only has 4 people ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

I want to disconnect my facebook from my old account

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States Device HTC M8Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)Android 6 My Question or Issue I'm trying to disconnect my facebook from my old account. The troubleshooting just says log into the account and click ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States   Device   HTC M8 Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) Android 6   My Question or Issue   I'm trying to d...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

after linking up facebook, it got my email changed.

PlanPremiumCountry SingaporeDeviceOperating System My Question or Issue after linking up my facebook account, my email has changed to *snip* from *snip* for some reason, and this got me impossible to retrieve password through password reset form. now...

• Regular
  • PlanPremium Country  Singapore Device Operating System   My Question or Issue  after linking up my facebook account, my email has changed to *snip* from *snip* for some rea...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Logged back in to my account and it has changed

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceSamsung Galaxy J3 My Question or IssueMy spotify said I was offline when I had full internet connection so I logged out of my spotify account on my phone as this is what the support said to do. However when I tried to l...

• Plan Premium Country England Device Samsung Galaxy J3     My Question or Issue My spotify said I was offline when I had full internet connection so  I logged out of my spotify...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
    Subscription
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Name is random characters on desktop app and mobile

After my premium ended, my name became a string of random characters. Now that i have premium again, it is still there. I login via facebook so it should just take that name! I don't know how to change it. I see this both on the desktop app and on an...

•   After my premium ended, my name became a string of random characters. Now that i have premium again, it is still there. I login via facebook so it should just take that name! I don't know how...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Should Be Verifying EVERY Email Address Used For Signing Up

I am lucky enough to have a very simple one common first name email address, which I don't have linked to my Spotify account. Unfortunately, this means any old muppet who thinks it's a great idea to just put their name@*****.com instead of their own ...

spotify.PNG
  • I am lucky enough to have a very simple one common first name email address, which I don't have linked to my Spotify account.  Unfortunately, this means any old muppet who thinks it's a great id...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not asking for login credential on new iPhone?

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 11.4.1 My Question or Issue Just got my new iPhone, installed my apps, launched Spotify and it works right away without asking login credentials... How is it possible? My profile is not linke...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 11.4.1   My Question or Issue  Just got my new iPhone, installed my apps, launched Spotify and it works righ...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

This is enough.

My account's been stolen almost a thousand times and yet Spotify doesn't care a bit about it. My Spotify account which has been linked to my PSN account got hacked earlier this morning and the guy changed the credentials. Now this is where it gets ri...

• My account's been stolen almost a thousand times and yet Spotify doesn't care a bit about it. My Spotify account which has been linked to my PSN account  got hacked earlier this morning and the ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Security
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove played songs from intruder device

PlanPremiumCountry NL DeviceSony Xperia CompactOperating SystemLatest Android My Question or IssueSome time ago an unknown device had somehow connected through 'spotify connect' and listened to a lot of songs on my account. I changed my password and ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  NL   Device Sony Xperia Compact Operating System Latest Android   My Question or Issue Some time ago an unknown device had somehow connected through 's...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
    Security
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Merge accounts

PlanFree (used to be Premium)CountryBelgiumDevicePC / Lenovo P2Operating SystemWindows 10 / Android 7 My Question or IssueHi, I know this is something the community can't help me with, I need some technical assistance from a Spotify employee, but the...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free (used to be Premium) Country Belgium Device PC / Lenovo P2 Operating System Windows 10 / Android 7   My Question or Issue Hi,   I know this is something the community ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes