Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cant use spotify abroad

cant use spotify abroad

Hey there!

my spotify account blocked itself because I am not in the same country I was in three weeks ago. Apparently spotify only works the first two weeks when travelling, but I am not abroad for travelling purposes. I am working and I will stay abroad for the next three months. I want to continue using spotify without having to upgrade. Right now I do not feel like I have the option to choose between a free and a charged service. I haven't been using spotify long enough to be convinced of upgrading. Can you tell me what I can do to keep on using the free spotify version? Thanks!

6 Replies

Hi there welcome to the community,

Currently you are only able to use Spotify abroad for an unlimited time when using a Premium Subscription. Free users are only able to use Spotify abroad for 2 weeks. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

What country are you currently abroad in? If it is a country where Spotify is available then all you need to do is swap your country over on your online profile:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

If you are in a country where Spotify is not available, your only choice if you want to continue using the service is to subscribe to Premium using a payment method from your home country.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey, I have the same issue. I've been using Spotify Premium for ages but by subscription ran out some time ago. I'm now trying to redeem a code to re-activate my Premium subscription, but it says that the code is not valid in my country.

For some reason, I have USA selected in my profile, despite the fact that I'm from Finland. I'm currently staying in a country where Spotify is not available.

Any help?

I'm in the same boat. When I start the desktop client I get the "Your country does not match the one in your Profile".  It then says I can update my Profile to match the country I am currently in.  However, when I try to do this it shows me as being in the country I am now in rather than the country I registered my account in and if I click save it says the email address is already in use !!  All I wanted to do was update my country !!

I've emailed support about this a few days ago and Tweeted Spotify but no response

Why can't I just change my country in my Profile from the country I registered my account in to the country I am now in ?  Yes Spotify is available in the country I am now in

@Petsku - I suspect being somewhere Spotify is not available is causing you issues. I would suggest that you get in touch with Spotify support directly so they can swap that country over manually for you so you can redeem the code. There are several ways to get in touch!

If you have Twitter, following and dropping a Tweet to @SpotifyCares (English), @SpotifyAyuda (Spanish) or @SpotifyAjuda (Portuguese) is often the fastest way to get a reply and they can deal with the majority of issues excluding payment/billing issues.

Alternatively, you can email them (in any language) using the online contact form. There is also a special contact form if you can't remember your login details or the email address on your account is incorrect. The contact form support team should be able to handle absolutely any issue you are having!

When getting in touch via the contact forms, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the support agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

@chall5 - Have you got the 8-digit case number from when you got in touch via the contact form handy? I can ask someone to check it out for you. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'll try Twitter, thanks a lot for an ultra fast reply! I really appreciate it! 🙂

You, sir, deserve a cookie.

Suggested posts