Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

username and email issue

Solved!

username and email issue

Hi I need help. I can't remember the username and the email associated with the account is not in use anymore. I need to log in cause I'm a premium customer and would like to use the service I'm paying for. I just need a way to update my email and username or discontinue my premium service and start over. Please help. I'm going crazy without my music

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

It's not easy to get your account back as you even don't know your e-mail address. The best thing you can do is to get in touch with Spotify and provide them with as many details about your payment.

Maybe they can get your account back, but I can't promise anything.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link (you won't have to login with this link) to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

It's not easy to get your account back as you even don't know your e-mail address. The best thing you can do is to get in touch with Spotify and provide them with as many details about your payment.

Maybe they can get your account back, but I can't promise anything.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link (you won't have to login with this link) to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

There is a trick way to find your username as long as you haven't uninstalled the Spotify client since you last used it. 

If you look in the following locations, you will find a folder with the username of each account that has logged into that Spotify client:

Windows:
C:\Users\<Your Windows Username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Users

Mac:
~/Library/Cache/com.spotify.client/Users

Finding the username can greatly help Spotify support track down and cancel the account for you so it's worth having a look. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm on a galaxy s5 not computer

Suggested posts