Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay feature not working in cellular streaming.

Solved!

Autoplay feature not working in cellular streaming.

Plan

Premium

Country

Egypt

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A50.)

Operating System

(Andorid 11.)

Recently i noticed that autoplay feature is not working in cellular streaming, it usually works if i opened the app with wifi and play song then change to cellular data, i tested it with my old iphone and it worked with cellular streaming, i tried to clear cashe and reinstall the app and non of that solve the problem.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @AlejaR,

Thanks for help i found the solution and it worked, the problem was in my phone, the application was in battery optimize mode, and it makes the app cut out from mobile data so when screen is off playback stops as soon as the choosen track end because it's no longer has internet, i will let my comment if someone had the same issue.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @Moataz1,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what happens when you play a playlist/ album while on mobile data? Does playback just stop at the last track of the playlist/ album or does it stop after a few songs.

We'll do our best to figure out why this might be happening on your phone.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there @Alex,

Yeah, When i try to play album at the last track playback stops and goes again to first track, in wifi the app makes radio based on the album,

It just act like i'm not turning on the autoplay feature in mobile data streaming.

Hey @Moataz1,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. For starters, can you share with us the exact Spotify version you have running on your device?

On another note, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Lastly, we suggest you log out and log in twice onto your Spotify account; this way the system will force a resync of your account. Give it a try and let us know if you notice any difference.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Marked as solution

Hey @AlejaR,

Thanks for help i found the solution and it worked, the problem was in my phone, the application was in battery optimize mode, and it makes the app cut out from mobile data so when screen is off playback stops as soon as the choosen track end because it's no longer has internet, i will let my comment if someone had the same issue.

Hey @Moataz1,

Thanks getting back to us.

We're happy to hear that everything is working as expected now 🙂 Issues with battery optimization services are quite common and this was something that we would've suggested as a next step. Kudos for figuring it out on your own!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts