Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown iTunes list on Android device - HELP!

Unknown iTunes list on Android device - HELP!

I just purchased Spotify Premium. 

I loaded the app onto my Note II and when I logged in (which I did via Facebook) a playlist appeared that I have never seen before.  It is marked 'iTunes' and is has music on it that I have never owned (or would want to!).  I don't know how to delete this playlist.  I do not want it on my device but there does not seem to be a way to get rid of it!

I do have iTunes currently however, I have over 1,500 songs on the iTunes I use and not one of the songs on this Spotify iTunes list is on the iTunes I use (nor have they ever been). 

Why is it there and how do I get rid of it?!

Screen shot

Thank you all!

Alex

2 Replies

So you have logged in to the device for the first time (Spotify App) and you haven't synced any playlists from the desktop computer or such? Then this gets strange indeed. If you log in to the app via Desktop, do you see the list somewhere?

If you are certain that nothing on the list is yours etc, you could try and delete it from the desktop app. And check from the desktop app that it doesn't have features on to import stuff from iTunes.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

This playlist would be automatically created based on your iTunes playlists. I'm not sure how this information got onto your Android app if you haven't used Spotify on your desktop before - but it's clearly possible.

I can see that you've removed the playlists from your account now. All good?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts