Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes disappearing for some users

Podcast episodes disappearing for some users

I run a podcast called White Noise & Sleep Sounds (12 Hours) and around March 16th, I started having listeners contact me, letting me know that many of my episodes on the Spotify App (not web player) had disappeared. Close to half of my catalog disappeared for some users. I could still see every episode, but for some reason, many listeners could not. 

My listeners reached out to Spotify Support and were told, " We are currently doing some changes that impacted some ambient sounds podcasts to be unavailable. The changes will take place for a couple of weeks; during this time, some episodes will not be available, but they should be back after this period."

I reached out to @SpotifyCares and was told "Hey there! It sounds like they're seeing one of a few changes we've made recently. Don't worry, they'll be able to access the Podcast episode after a couple of weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience"

It's now April 17th and some listeners are still having this issue. I would say my listenership is 30% less than what it's used to. I've reached back out to @spotifycares and they are not responding to me anymore. Myself and the listeners that do reach out get different answers from Spotify Support. I've reached out directly to an engineer who was helping me with another issue, but it's been a few weeks with no response.

I feel stuck. Is there anyone that can help?

-Eric

7 Replies

All my episodes are gone, including some from White Noise & Sleep Sounds.
If I turn any filter on and off I can see my list blink and disappear.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

Apologies for the delayed response, we've just come across this thread.

@ericlandoll, we really appreciate you taking the time to post this detailed information. We'd recommend that you try some troubleshooting. It's well worth restarting your device and/ or running a clean reinstall with these steps to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one and it'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and fixes.

If your listeners still can't access the podcasts, we suggest you get in touch with our team at Spotify for Podcasters. These folks specialize in queries submitted to Spotify by content creators. They should be able to check this and help you more specifically with the issue you’re addressing. You can reach out to them here.    

@Nevitones if you're a listener and you're still experiencing this - feel free to perform the aforementioned troubleshooting as it should help you solve this!

We hope this helps. Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else🙂

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi @Lyubka, thanks for the message! I've never run into the issue myself and a restart isn't necessary for me. I'm more concerned about the listeners that have been affected. I've connected with Spotify for Podcasters Support, general Spotify Support, and @Spotifycares many times, I'm told there is no issue or the appropriate team is working on it or the recent app update is at fault but that it's only temporary. Even though it still affects my podcast and others in the same space. I can't really pin down the exact reason. I think I've done all I can at this point and have accepted this as the new normal. I appreciate your response! @Nevitones I appreciate your feedback too! This is a great space to share information and feedback!

-Eric

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/effortlessmeditation All my episodes are gone, I do not understand why. I appreciate your help, what is going on? all my logo, contents everything is gone, seems the program wants me to start from scratch. 

I'm having a similar issue. I am a podcast creator and several episodes are missing from the dashboard, as well as the mobile and desktop app. My podcast is Bungacast and the RSS feed is https://feed.podbean.com/bungacast/feed.xml

The most recently published episode that is not showing up on Spotify is this: https://bungacast.podbean.com/e/396-enough-carnations-portugal-decides-ft-catarina-principe/

I'm desperate for some help please! I'm the co-host of a relatively new podcast called The Crime Collective and recently noticed our first episode had disappeared off Spotify with no warning. Then as the next few episodes have been uploaded we've progressively now lost our first three episodes. Obviously this is concerning, especially as we are really trying to grow our audience.
I have tried to query it with the hosting site we use, Podomatic, with no luck so far if someone can help pls!

I have 2 podcasts/shows that I own, hosted by Subsplash, and all episodes are visible for the 1st show in my dashboard but none are for the 2nd show, despite the banner on the desktop saying 42 episodes are in the show.

Suggested posts