Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HUGE problem with my account

HUGE problem with my account

I went to log into Spotify this morning, and it told me my login was invalid. I could still get in through my facebook account though. I get in, and all my playlists are deleted, and a different email address is associated with my account, along with a new password.

I sent two messages to spotify support, but I fear they are sending replies automatically to this other account instead of my own.

Needless to say, I'm really frustrated with this!!

Anyone else experience this? Has my account been hacked? Any help or support would be appreciated!

Thank you.

-Chris

11 Replies

Yeah I'm suffering from a similar problem... I cant log into my account. The password is definately correct.. I have to change the password everytime i log in.. its getting to the stage of being rediculous

@jrpacman wrote:

I went to log into Spotify this morning, and it told me my login was invalid. I could still get in through my facebook account though. I get in, and all my playlists are deleted, and a different email address is associated with my account, along with a new password.

I sent two messages to spotify support, but I fear they are sending replies automatically to this other account instead of my own.

Needless to say, I'm really frustrated with this!!

Anyone else experience this? Has my account been hacked? Any help or support would be appreciated!

Thank you.

-Chris

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about this: it sounds like you have duplicate accounts. You'll have to get in touch with Spotify staff through the contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team. As long as you have access to your email account, they'll be able to get in touch with you.

@peterjmoss wrote:

Yeah I'm suffering from a similar problem... I cant log into my account. The password is definately correct.. I have to change the password everytime i log in.. its getting to the stage of being rediculous

What device are you attempting to log in from? From your computer, can you try logging into your account page and setting the password there? 

You can then test it out on the Web Player by going to play.spotify.com

Im currently trying to log in from my mac. I have the app installed. Under my account page it allows me to change the passpord (Shows no errors) however the password is not changed. Even if i cut n paste from the account page to my app, the password doesnt work. I have also tried resetting the password. This too (using cut n paste method directly) doesnt work. play.spotify.com doesnt work for me either.

I cannot change my password, because you need the original password to make a new one. And whoever hacked into my account changed the password, so I assume they figured mine out.

@jrpacman, you can try the forgot password option at the login page, then specify ur email account.. from there u dun need to provide ur old password to do a password change.

I just tried it... did not work. The reason is that my email address is no longer associated with my account. 

@jrpacman wrote:

I just tried it... did not work. The reason is that my email address is no longer associated with my account. 

Just to confirm, when you contacted Spotify through the contact form, did you give them your preferred email address, one that you still have access to? They'll have to assist you with this particular issue. Please make sure that you replied to the automated response, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.

@peterjmoss wrote:

Im currently trying to log in from my mac. I have the app installed. Under my account page it allows me to change the passpord (Shows no errors) however the password is not changed. Even if i cut n paste from the account page to my app, the password doesnt work. I have also tried resetting the password. This too (using cut n paste method directly) doesnt work. play.spotify.com doesnt work for me either.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about these difficulties. Can you try accessing https://www.spotify.com/password-reset/  from a different browser or computer and attempt to change the password one last time, just so we can rule out the error being on the client's end? 

If the same issues continue to occur, you'll have to get in touch with Spotify staff through the contact form, and they'll be able to sort this out for you. When you get an automated response, make sure to reply to that email, even if the address says 'no-reply', as this makes sure your information is sent to the right team.

There is also a dedicated help form which allows you to specify the reply address in dealing with password-related issues here:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-password/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
There is also a dedicated help form which allows you to specify the reply address in dealing with password-related issues here:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-password/

Ah, that's the form I meant to link! Whoops!

Suggested posts