Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Signed up for an account in the PH but my country setting in the profile is USA?

Solved!

Signed up for an account in the PH but my country setting in the profile is USA?

The dropdown to change my country is greyed out even if I'm accessing it from the Philippines.

Is there any way to change the country listed in the profile without signing up for a premium account? I can't access my account on the app now because it says I've gone over my "maximum travel time" for a free account. 😞

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

In that case I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to swap it over manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The country on your online profile is normally based on IP geo-location. Does your current IP address locate to the Philippines?

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Peter

Yup, this is what shows when I check it out there: 

Your IP Details:

ISP: Philippine Long Distance Telephone
Services: None Detected
City: New Manila
Region: Quezon City

Marked as solution

In that case I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to swap it over manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Nothing for it but to try that then. Thanks! 🙂

Suggested posts