Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio - Previously liked songs don't show liked when played again

Solved!

Radio - Previously liked songs don't show liked when played again

Today I liked a song using playlist radio and it added to my Liked from Radio playlist which is fine. Now fast forward 5 hours later that same song came on again still playing on radio and the thumbs up icon didn't show that I previously liked it.  So I clicked Like again and now I have duplicates in my Liked from Radio playlist.

Is this normal behavior? I would imagine not. It should indicate that the song was previously liked. Anyone else notice this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the exact same problem. I listen to one station 90% of the time and songs I have thumbs up'd don't show so. Furthermore, without painfully cautious checking of my Liked From Radio playlist, I tend to end up with quite a few repeat tracks that are exactly identical (same album, song version, absolutely no variation). With iTunes Radio adding more competition to the environment, it'd probably help Spotify quite a bit if such a problem was to be resolved.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

haha -- this is exactly what i'd expect from spotify.

This is still happening. I thought it might be a fluke yesterday but none of my liked songs show up liked when played again.

So annoying.

Was one version on the original release and another on a greatest hits/compliation album?

I am having this same issue as well.  Seriously is bugging me.  I have tons of duplicates in my "Liked from radio" playlist.

@Rosc0e wrote:

I am having this same issue as well.  Seriously is bugging me.  I have tons of duplicates in my "Liked from radio" playlist.

Are the tracks all exactly the same or slight differences (same tracks can be on different albums etc)?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No they are the exact same tracks.

Are these tracks being "liked" from different radio stations? The reason I ask is, when I get a track I have liked before on my main station, its not possible to like it again. That is where I am guessing the duplicates creep in. 

There is a large thread over on the Ideas Exchange here which suggests that the Spotify client should be able to detect and remove duplicates in playlists, however until that is implemented, you can use a 3rd party tool such as:

http://paulvi.nl/deduplicator/

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I will explain my issue in the most detail I can.

I have the latest version of Spotify for Android running on the Asus Nexus 7.

When listening to the hip-hop genre radio station, songs that I have already thumbed up and added to an offline playlist reappear without saving my thumbs up. When thumbing up again, they are readded to my liked from radio playlist and show the downloaded icon so I know they are the same tracks. What needs to happen is for the radio to allow the thumbs up to be saved and not allow duplicates in my liked from radio playlist.

I just signed up on the community boards for just this problem.  I'm running a Galaxy Nexus on JB 4.2.x and this has been a persistant problem on my radio.  I use one radio station 99% of the time and have found a few songs appear half a dozen times in my 'Liked from Radio' playlist.  These are songs from artists with only one or two albums on Spotify, so I know they aren't the same song from different albums.  Initially I thought this was a problem with thumbs up/down saving locally and using multiple devices and resetting those devices frequently was the culprit.  However, I've paid extra close attention recently and am now sure that Spotify simply isn't saving my like history.  I'm still trying to figure out if it's remembering dislikes.

Marked as solution

I have the exact same problem. I listen to one station 90% of the time and songs I have thumbs up'd don't show so. Furthermore, without painfully cautious checking of my Liked From Radio playlist, I tend to end up with quite a few repeat tracks that are exactly identical (same album, song version, absolutely no variation). With iTunes Radio adding more competition to the environment, it'd probably help Spotify quite a bit if such a problem was to be resolved.

Why is this listed as solved?

It's most definitely NOT solved. I'm getting this same problem.

I'm having the same problem.  Songs that I thumbs up on the desktop are not syncing to the android app.  Marking a song with thumbs up on my phone saves it to the "liked" playlist, but the next time the same song shows up on the phone for the same radio station, it has no thumbs up anymore.  This is pretty annoying as I use my phone a LOT for the radio and am trying to customize it with likes/dislikes.

I see that many are having the same issue that I am. I must say I am really discouraged that this issue will ever be fixed as I am seeing posts written in 2012. I love the Radio feature, but it's really aggravating anymore. Thumbs up/thumbs down is nearly pointless! I have had the same song thumbed up a couple dozen times, yet every time it comes on, I've got to do it again. Same very, same album, now it's in my Liked From Radio list a few dozen times! Even worse, Thumbs Down DOES NOT WORK. The exact same songs keep coming back on after giving them the thumbs down repeatedly. This has resulted in mostly the same 15 songs coming on over and over. I only have 4 stations, all completely different genres so they don't really play any in common songs with one another. Beyond frustrating!

Suggested posts