Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.2.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.2.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 1.2.0
  • New: Want to sync all Your Music for offline listening? Just go to the Songs tab. (Premium only)
  • New: Works in new Ford models equipped with the next generation of Ford SYNC AppLink.
  • Fixed: Crossfade works again.
  • Fixed: More bugs asked to leave.
  • Fictitious: This app was first discovered in 1806 by Sir Alfred J. Oxley.

#iOS #1.2.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • Nothing to see here
Community Ergo Sum
33 Replies

After six weeks of waiting, this is all we get??!  Still no sorting options for Your Music, no A-Z on the right side of the screen for easier access with long lists? What are you guys doing all day?? 

Frustrated!!

At least they fixed the metadata not showing up on the lockscreen for offline files... Just the albumart left....

It would be good practice to actually reference all the bugs that have been closed in this release in the change log...

Here is an update on album art bugs in the iPhone app

These bugs should be fixed in the new 1.2.0 update released today:

• Low quality album art
  • Metadata for local files not displaying on lockscreen

These bugs should be fixed in the next update hopefully:

• No album art for local files
  • Album art not showing for most songs in offline mode

Thanks for your patience 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Good to hear..

It just feels like I've read that before... You would think album art on local files should be easier...

problems again with your app. it crashes constantly and music is paused. i use iphone 4. wish i didn't install this version because the last worked well.

Wow. Again, no update for ipad.  Maybe if people start cancelling thier premium subscription, they will get the hint.  This update was minor and the need for an ipad update has been completely ignored.  The two platforms operate differently and I still cant use my ipad for spotify because of this.  Very poor planning and support. 

Oh guys, just re-release version 0.95. Everything worked back then...

still no eq

Had a few problems with crossfade in the last upgrade - worked OK till the advert came on - then it would cut short the playing track, play the next track and ignore the advert - made it sound like a tape done from the radio by somebody who likes to leave off the DJ links - then complains cos the intro and outro is missing!

Seems to have been resolved, so I have reinstated crossfade - should be able to play my Club Classics playlist at my (imaginary) nightclub - a silent disco in my lounge on a Saturday night, with imaginary dancers!

I have downloaded the recent update for the iOS app which states that you can download all content at once from the song tab. I can't see a song tab anywhere. Any ideas?

Should be under "Your Music" then swipe left.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't have a my music option. Is this definitely available on iPad ? If so, I may try and reinstall.

Ah sorry, no unfortunately Your Music hasn't yet been added to the iPad app.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

1.2.0 fixes none of the instability problems. Yes, I HAVE reinstalled the app.

Songs skip, songs repeat after 2 seconds, songs are unplayable and cause the stream to stop completely, song timer does not display persistently on iOS system UI, various displays will hang on load and must be manually unhooked. And much more. Just OPTIMIZE the dang thing!

Here is the reply I got from customer service when I asked when to expect an update. Notice it says "when or IF" we update. I have cancelled my subscription.

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us.
We're always looking to improve Spotify on new hardware and devices. But we can’t say at this time when or if any specific releases will be out - we'd hate to let you down with promises we can't stick to!

As soon as we've got something to announce we'll let everyone know via the Spotify blog, so keep an eye out: www.spotify.com/blog

JonHynes: I have to say that I haven't seen any of those problems you mentioned.  I am using an Iphone 3GS with iOS 6.

JWilliman: I have received the same canned response from Customer Service too.  It's very frustrating.  They seem to operate at their own pace, i.e. SLOW.

Ever since I updated, the app has been incredibly slow on my iphone.Almost unusable. Previous build worked fine but the one before that was very much like this one.

It doesn't sound as though the cache issue has been sorted either. When you unsync offline tracks it does not free up memory on your device. To do so you have to reinstall the app. Perhaps this will be included in a more general release very soon?

Suggested posts