Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bring Back Sorting in Search Results

This is bad, guys!  

Once was the day (last week) you could sort all of your search results by artist, album, length OR popularity simply by clicking on the name of that column in the full search results view.  

It's even mentioned in a "Solution" from last week.

Now, the column headings are unresponsive and there is now way to group the results of your search, like when you want to see different versions of the same song by one artist:

New Search Results

There seems to be some problems w/ the search function in other aspects of the redesign so perhaps a fix is in the works?

Spotify's greatest strength is the diversity of music accessible but people enjoy it in different ways, not just by popularity.

Please bring back sorting in search results!  This is big hole!

2015-08-29

Hey folks, we're happy to announce this feature is rolling out to customers now. You will have sortable columns in search on Desktop coming your way. Thanks for your feedback everyone. 

Comments
shape5

If you guys haven't seen it posted, the temporary workaround is to use "spotify:search:" in the search field before your search term.  Then leave this in the search field for the remainder of your session and simply replace your search term after it for each new search.  With this workaround it's not that devastating, though indeed it's very silly this was removed as it provides no improvement or benefit to anyone.  And by the total count of responses vehemently opposing this change, it's safe to say users are unanimously "not in favor".

Thank you to the ones who shared this info initially.

jasper147

I left Itunes when they got so big they used far too much of my pc memory even just loading their site and they stopped me searching and SORTING in the way I wished to.

Guess what guys at SPOTIFY....I will be leaving you soon for just the same reasons! Get it sorted and remember to keep it simple. £120.00 per year I pay you. If a few thousand of us left you would soon bring the sort facility back.

centaur62

Taking away the sort option from search results makes absolutely no sense. Worst decision ever made.  "Not right now"?  Are you kidding?

dtfff

Seriously annoying. First Spotify removes the ability to "remember" sorting in playlists between sessions. Now we can't even sort the search results. "Not right now" status feels like a slap in the face.

I admire Spotify for being an important part in changing the business model of the music industry, but from today I will start looking for alternative services. I suggest you all do the same. Seems like it is the only way to get them to listen to their (soon ex-) paying customers.

cairo87

So much kudos and Spotify doesn't really give a **bleep** - as usual. This is not the way to keep customers satisfied!

chrismcelroy

Seriously, as a web developer, I just want to ask 1 question; What genius thought this was a good idea? Was there a meeting and some guy raised his hand and said; "Hey, I know, let's make the software less user-friendly by removing sorting!"

And the response from Spotify about adding the sorting feature back; "Not right now. Back Burner."

Pretty much saying; We are now too big to care what our users want. We'll get more customers to replace the ones that leave. Great attitude and typical when people get put into positions where they can make decisions even if they know nothing about what they are tasked to do.

So, back to my question; What genius made this decision? It's just that I'm always curious about people who make these types of decisions and how they got their job.

chrismcelroy

"spotify:search" before the search term doesn't work

passingbat

"spotify:search" before the search term doesn't work

You've missed a colon out; it should be

spotify:search:

chrismcelroy

Note to Spotify, Your Email Sig, "Your The Spotify Community Team", That make sense to you? That would explain a lot.

To passingbat. Thank you. That worked.

umekolle
New update today and no search sorting... Thats bad!