Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribe to Artists

I know for a fact that myself and a lot of people I know would love a feature that lets you subscribe to an artist or a group, immediately letting one know when a new album/track has been released.

We're happy to announce that you are able now to follow artists in Spotify!

Just go to an artist's page in Spotify and click "follow" under the artists name at the top of the page. You'll receive a notification update in Spotify when tracks are added to the artists profile.

Read more about it here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Introducing-great-new-ways-to-discover-music/t...

Enjoy!

Comments
oEliasson

i think that an application which made it possible for us to follow our favourite artists would be really awesome.

i've been thinking about this alot lately since i know a few songs by artists who wont release their material yet. so instead searching for the artist every day we just get a notification when new songs are added! think many people would like this!:)

SweViktor

This should have been done yesterday! 🙂

johnwromano

New releases from my favorite artists is like a Christmans present! Let me follow artists and get notifications in my inbox when they release new music. All we need is a Follow Artist" button:

spotify-follow2.jpg

and a collection item:

spotify-follow1.jpg

Done!

Doommidget

Hi, I joined perhaps a couple of hours ago and one of the first things I have looked for is the feature as described by everybody else above, the ability to flag artists to follow so that spotify can notify you when new tracks are made available.  I was disappointed not to find this functionality already available, but I hope you will consider implementing it as I am sure it will be used by a great many people.

RedDown
Marco

Awesome 🙂

Rorey
Status changed to: Watch this space

We're happy to announce that you'll soon be able to follow artists in Spotify.

Once this feature is available, just go to an artist's page in Spotify and click "follow" under the artists name at the top of the page. You'll receive a notification update in Spotify when tracks are added to the artists profile.

The feature will be rolled out in the coming days so subscribe to this thread to receive an update as to when a new version of Spotify is available for download.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Introducing-great-new-ways-to-discover-music/t...

MattSuda

YAY! 😃

MattSuda

Sweet

fuzzy76

If the new update that I just got is what you are talking about, it doesn't even remotely resemble what people have been asking for in this thread. I can not follow artists, I can follow "people". Which means that I follow some kind of profile with playlists, not the actual artist with albums. I don't care about what my favorite artist listens to. I just want to maintain a list of my favorite artists, as an easy way to browse through to their albums.