Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New "likes" system is a mess

To like a song you click the plus, but to unlike it you have to do multiple clicks/taps. It's incredibly clunky. This was way better as 2 separate buttons, there's no benefit to merging the two. You also need to know what the button does and how it all works.

And when viewing a playlist you can't see which tracks are liked, because the check mark means it's either on a playlist or liked. It's totally obtuse compared to the simple heart icon from before.

There might be some parts of a good idea here, but this current approach is clunky, messy, and unclear.

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.

Comments
stephaniafalcon

Hoping they bring back the hearts!!!! 🙂

combolito2

Totally agree!
Now you can't see which songs in a playlist of yours that you have already added to "liked songs" and which songs you have not added. This really sucks!

khakihaki

My problem with the new system is that I have an applet that saves Discover Weekly songs into an Archive playlist. So, every song in my Discover Weekly has a green check next to it, so I don't know which songs I've added into Liked Songs or not.

Plus, I can already easily access "Add to playlist" option and manage the playlists by simply right-clicking or using the ··· menu. The new plus button does not serve well in terms of indicating whether or not the song's liked. It's a step back in my UX.

peterbouge

Also if you click outside of the playlist popup it doesn't close. Like many webpage, when you click outside, it's "out of focus" and it's closing.

foryoublue94

Yes please!! It seems like maybe they were trying to approach something cool with this, but have, once again, made a change that only makes things more inconvenient and confusing for users.

The green checks showing next to songs that aren't "liked" and not being able to see on a playlist which of those are in my "liked songs" is a hugeeeeee peeve currently. There was nothing wrong with the heart, other than the fact that it didn't always display correctly on mobile.

DatEightySix

I agree they need to return it to its former glory like all their customers appear to agree with.

SauceyLOL

Agreed, this new likes system is way too clunky and either they remove it or fix it.

richstangroom

Bring back the heart! I need one click to save my favourite songs, rather than having to add to the 'Liked Songs' playlist.

Luan
Status changed to: Good Suggestion

Updated on 2024-01-27

We're thrilled to see that your suggestion is rapidly gaining popularity and we're updating its status to Good Suggestion.

We hope that it will continue to gain support from more users. Thank you for your valuable contribution - we truly appreciate it!

For more details about how the Ideas Exchange works, please refer to here.