Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No sound on next song on HTC Desire S

No sound on next song on HTC Desire S

Just updated to version 0.5.0.1247.g94a8231b on android. Playing one song works fine, but when it gets to the next song there is no sound. The song progression bar moves and it look like it plays a song, but no sound. If I press the next song button or previous song button it start to play sound again until it get to the next song after that.

I tried to uninstall the app and install it again.

I tried to restart the phone.

I read on the forum that some people got it to work by taking out the battery. Tried it.

Nothing worked.

Everything worked fine before I updated to the new version.

Anyone encountered this and knows how to solve it?

36 Replies

When playing songs in spotify on my phone, no sound comes. After updating and reinstalling I still have the same problem. Playing music in the regular music app for android produce sound... What's wrong? How do I fix it?

Hmmmm i have seen this happen. 

Just presume it is my internet connection. I'm only on wireless. Not a good test. 

It didn't happen with local files only files being streamed. 

In my case the problem occurs on both wifi and 3g. And it happens more or less everytime spotify goes from one song to the next without user input.

On both my PC and my galaxy S2(ICS and same spotify as on the Desire S) it works fine.

I have the ecxact same problem, only I can't hear any of my songs or playlists. I have also tried to uninstall Spotify and dowload the app once again.

I find it very difficult to figure out how to contact Spotify with the problem. Because they must have an answer or solution.

Hope it will work soon.

I have the same problem now. On my HTC desire S, did you ever find out how to fix it?

LeneK, I have the same problem on my htc desire s. I tried everything, turning my phone off and on again. downloading the app again..Nothing works.  Which is quite annoying !

I'm having the same problem since the recent update. No sound on by Droid Bionic - Android 2.3.4

I have the same problem on my HTC Glacier - TMobile MyTouch 4G running MIUI It started with thiat useless update they just did. Is there any way to downgrade?

I'm having the same problem on my HTC Desire. I found that changing from being online to offline seemed to confuse it (this was a downloaded playlist), I'm not sure if this is related, but although the playlist was downloaded it wouldn't show it when I wasn't connected to the internet, so I had to go online just to get it to show up.

The only way I got it to work was to skip to the previous song and then skip forward, but obviously this is a workaround and not exactly a solution!

Could it be if you have synced / downloaded offline playlists and after the update it might have been mixed up or sort. If you'd clear the cache and then try again, if that would help. Log out & Log in...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/is8edr5rwjl22z7/SpotifyAndroid.apk

There's an older version if you want to try it out

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I tried to log out and then log in again. Didn't do anything. I have no offline playlists so it should not have something to do with that. It should not be a cache problem, the problem is always there even with new music I have never listened to on my phone.

I just think it's a bug that the spotify team needs to fix.

I think you are right... But how come you can't report it to spotify. I can't find any email address to write to. May try the link to get the older version back.

Use the Contact link at the bottom of the page to contact support directly
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I have the same problem wit my Sony ericsson experia,,, so sound but everything else works just fine... Loged out and in, reinstaled but it still doesnt work...

Any ideas how to fix?

Regards/sticky

I have the same problem on my HTC desire. The first song of a downloaded playlist usually plays fine, and on the next one the sounds stops around half way through...~10 seconds later it goes back to the main menu.

The beta-version of this app worked fine- so something must have changed on the official release.

I've emailed spotify, so we'll see what comes of of that.

same problem here. Since no one seems to know how to fix it, I've sent a customer contact form.

however will keep an eye on this forum for any further suggestions

I "fixed" this issue on my phone by installing the preview version again. (Found here)

The negative sides of this (for me) are that the playlists don't have the folder structure and that the shuffle-setting reverts to normal each time I start the app.

The folder structure is no biggie since the downloaded playlists appear on top, and I just have to remember to enable shuffle each time I start spotify.

I'll keep an eye out and will keep the preview version until this issue is fixed 🙂

Had a similar problem on the preview version when I played trough bluetooth on my galaxy note.

The way I solved it was by:

Pausing

Change to next track

Pause

Skip to about 30 sec's in.

Unpause.

Then it where no more problems during the play session.

Don't know if it solves this problem, but it could be worth a try.

/OggyS

Has anyone from Spotify commented on this issue? For me it is making the app unfit for purpose and my premium subscription a waste of money. The workaround with moving back and forth through songs until sound comes out is a hassle at my desk, difficult when I'm walking and impossible when I'm listening in the gym with the phone in my armband, so I've not been able to listen to music there. This means listening to Kiss, which is incredibly damaging to my mental health and decimates my IQ every time I'm exposed to it.

Suggested posts