Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps putting Transformer Prime in offline mode

Solved!

Spotify keeps putting Transformer Prime in offline mode

Hi,

New premium account holder. I have a Transformer Prime tablet. Even with a full wifi network signal Spotify starts in online mode then rapidly keeps moving between offline and online mode...eventually remaining in offline mode. This has happended at several different wifi networks. I have re-downloaded twice with the same result. You tube shows some firewall solutions...but not for the Transformer Prime.

Love the app but not so much if this persists...any possible solutions? Thanks...

51 Replies

Shouldn't the app listed as NOT COMPATIBLE on the market then?

Exactly. A standard facility exists to prevent the app from being downloaded to incompatible devices. Spotify have admitted that it's not compatible with devices running Android 3.x and Android 4.x, and it sounds as though people who've updated to the later versions of Gingebread are also now having problems.

If Spotify had done what they're supposed to and made it clear at the Google Play store that the app was not compatible it would have saved me time and frustration, would be saving them support resource time and money, would be saving the negative reactions they're getting from unhappy users, would be saving the downgrading of the app rating on the store, and I wouldn't be chasing a refund for a service that I can't use on the device I bought it for.

Spyke

Marked as solution

One of the main reasons for buying the Asus was to use Spoity. When we used the app from Play the playlists and Offline did not work. Uninstalled this app and went to m.spotify and got the app this way. All seems to work fine now.

Thanx, for finally responding.

The situation isn't any better, but at least we now know something.

Tried the manual download from m.spotify, but it didn't work.

The pop-up with "download-ammount warning" wouldn't go away after clicking ok. Therefor I never got the chance to enter the app.

Tried the automatic download from m.spotify, and since it's a link to play it's allso the same app that doesn't work.

Spotify! Do something! You can NOT let people with ICS download this app from play.  Either you fix it, or you remove it!

That really is poor form Spotify. They can't even be bothered to set up their compatibility on the Play Market. Just shows how they feel about Android users.

Depending on the resource you draw data from...Droid users account for between 45-55% of the market for all mobile devices (phones, tablets etc.). Spotify does not work on the Transformer Prime...or my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. It is an interesting marketing strategy. I;m sure Spotify is very aware of this...can't think people brilliant enough to create the concept would be so inept regarding their potential customer base.

Hi!

I am using Spotify since 4 weeks as Premium member.

Desktop works fine

HTC Desire HD2 with Android 2.2.3 works fine

Asus Transformer TF101 with Android 4.0.3 fails

When can expect a running version?

Marked as solution

Ive got the same problem with my transformer prime on android 4.0.3. ! for me its absolutely unacceptable to pay 10€ a month for a software that is not supporting actual devices... spotify please update your software that i can use the full funtionality on android and win7. I wait a few days more an then i will switch to simfy or rhapsody...

Same here. I'm Offline if I need the app, and online if I don't need the app. Didn't found a solution

Transformer Prime Android 4.03

Add me to the list.  My Evo 4g with CM7 runs Spotify flawlessly (including new beta).  TF201, both when stock and now on CM9, does the online-offline shuffle, ending in offline mode.  Was hoping the new beta would solve the issue, but no difference.

I have the same problem on my Transformer Prime (Android 4.0.3) --- just seems to sit in offline mode indefinitely. I can't do anything with it. On my Desire HD (Android 2.3.5) Spotify runs perfectly. I'm looking to upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S3 when it comes out in a month or so, but that's going to be running ICS so I'm concerned Spotify won't run on that which is going to be a complete fail since I use Spotify on my phone for all of my mobile music. 😞

Seriously Spotify, just fix it! I work in development and it seriously shouldn't be this hard or take this long to fix a bug like this. Especially when people are *paying* for your service! I don't care if you list the device as "unsupported", that's just a cop out. They are all running versions of the same O/S. Such a cop out would be annoying but acceptable if your service was free, but not when I am paying you a subscription each month!

P.S. I just found https://www.spotify.com/uk/download/previews/ which claims "full support for Android 4.0". Was very excited for all of 5 minutes --- it does exactly the same thing 😞

If this isn't resolved by next month, I think I will be cancelling my subscription.

Here's a short video showing the new Spotify preview running on my Transformer Prime in online mode:

http://youtu.be/Rf41nj22JaM

On my Transformer Prime the new preview version works, as long as I don't try to download any offline playlists. If I do download any offline lists, then Spotify goes offline and refuses to go online even if I remove the playlist. Offline playlists are a must though for a device that doesn't have 3G, so I hope the final version will fix this issue once and for all. If it doesn't, I'm going to downgrade my account as well. On the plus side, the new Android app is looking extremely nice and works like a charm in online mode. Landscape mode would be nice, though.

The app Orientation Control can solve the landscape isse for less than £1 while you're waiting for Spotify to sort it out.

Spyke

Extremely annoyed with this problem. I have this brand new splendific device (Transformer Prime) and this awesome music application. And they won't work together. Grmblgrblrm.

DonMartin

I have the same Problem on my Acer Iconia 500 Tablet....Already changed my Password, Installed the new Preview (http://download.spotify.com/android/PreviewSpotifyAndroid.apk) but nothing happens, short connected, than offline.

Same thing Here wit the Prime on ICS

It would be nice if Spotify would at least acknowledge the problem instead of being silent!     

Hey guys, sorry not to keep you updated on this one.

We've been posting over in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/You-are-Offline/m-p/47415/highlight/true#M2357

You may want to subscribe to that thread for more information. We're trying to gather information on things so we can work out what needs sorting.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Suggested posts