Country

France

Device

Dell Inspiron 15-7559

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello !

I wanted to report a song because of its racist and inappropriate lyrics but I did not succeed to do so !

First, it's seems that I don't have the "Report" icon ("Signaler" in French) that should appear when clicking on the three dots next to a song or playlist :

attachement 1.PNG

In fact, it only appears when clicking on the artist account's three dots  :

attachement 2.PNG

Clicking on it works fine until I have to chose the reason why I'm reporting the artist : I only have four options (Artist bio text, "Artist's pick" text, Artist profile image and Artist banner image) and none of them is related to my case. 

Finally, I tried to modify the artist's URI link with the desired song's one, hopping that this will report the song correctly. Unfortunately, I now only have one possible irrelevant choice this time : "Now playing screen" visual loop :

attachement 3.PNG

I therefore couldn't report my song at all and don't know what to do. The fact that the song has been uploaded on Spotify three years ago and still can be found at this moment despite its very inappropriate content lets me think that there is a real issue here.

Hopefully, this will be fixed soon !

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @romanbredehoft,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can use the report text option to file your report. Our team take over and happily make a thorough investigation afterwards.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @romanbredehoft

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out abut this. 

We tried this on our end and it worked fine. 

In this case, could you check if you have followed these specific steps to report the content?

Keep in mind that you can do it only from the playlist title or the artist name. 

If you have followed those steps and you still can't see more options, would you mind sending us a screen recording with the steps you're following so we can take a closer look?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hello,

Thanks for your reply !

After reading again the right steps to follow, I think I might have misinterpreted the fact that "reporting texts" means that only a bio or description text can be reported but not the track's lyrics. 

Nevertheless, does this mean that it is impossible to report a song ?

I find this very unfortunate since the one I found clearly includes some racist content  and probably should be reviewed by your team. 

Have a nice day !

Marked as solution

Hey @romanbredehoft,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can use the report text option to file your report. Our team take over and happily make a thorough investigation afterwards.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That’s not a solution. You also have to verify your email address, despite being signed in to your account and complete a lengthy captcha thing to prove you’re not a bot. It looks like Spotify can’t be bothered with dealing with the reports and are putting up obstacles so people get frustrated and are dissuaded from reporting. Lazy, pathetic Spotify. I’ll be making sure to delete my account and stop paying these scum, they don’t even pay the artists properly. 

Suggested posts