Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify ended my Hulu subscription without notice

Spotify ended my Hulu subscription without notice

I have had Spotify Premium for a few years now and have the hulu app free. I was just watching hulu 2 days ago and now it says I have to log in. It won't work. If the promotion ended in 2019 why have I been watching it all of these years?

7 Replies

Hey @Kfunkey,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your reply, as it fits better here in a new thread.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. We used to offer Premium with Hulu for non-students, but not anymore. The offer mentioned in the thread you found refers to that. If you already have it, you can still access the Spotify + Hulu bundle.

Spotify Premium + Hulu subscribers can see their Hulu bundle at any time directly from your Spotify account page. To do so, select Your Services under Account Overview to find Hulu. If you can see the service there, it means you still have access to the bundle. 

If you can't access your Hulu account, the best way to go would be contacting Hulu Customer Support team, so they can help you investigate further what's happening on your side. You can read more about the bundle in this article, and you can find out there as well how to contact Hulu.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

We are having the same problem now! I contacted Hulu and they said it was an error on Spotifys side and to contact them. This is so frustrating! Help!!!

Hi there @NLeevey82,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

You can go to this link and if the Premium + Hulu bundle is active, you'll see the option to start watching. If you're asked to log in, do you see any error message when you try to log in with the Hulu account you linked to Spotify? Or what exactly happens when you try it?

We'll wait for your reply.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Going to jump in here because I’m having the same problem and don’t see a response. When clicking on the “start watching” option there is no error, but you are not automatically signed in. Signing in only asks which Hulu plan you would like to sign up for. It appears that the account(s) are not being linked.

Any solutions to this? The same thing is happening to me...

This just started happening to me as well. When I look at my account it says I have a premium account with access to Hulu, but when I try to get into my Hulu account it says a subscription is no longer associated with my information. I tried the link from Susan_GP and it didn’t work. Is there any solution to this? Thanks! 

All of the support links that both Spotify and Hulu reference (on this page and elsewhere) now only cite Spotify for Students + Hulu. It seems to be related to Hulu’s bundling with Disney+.

Very circular support article links, leading one to believe Hulu has dropped their partnership with Spotify (other than for student accounts).

I encourage Spotify to make the nature of the relationship clear on their end and carefully observe what Hulu is showing on theirs. If there is still a partnership, Hulu’s relationship with Disney is forcing them to suppress it.

Suggested posts