Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
TOmmyGiraux
With the Extreme sync coming up and the headphones sets getting better (and pricier) its a shame that we can't adjust the sound settings on mobile devices!!!

Please please please implement an Equaliser to the next update!!!
chrizg

yes please.. Ive been waiting for ages for an eq both for mobile and mac. What is the big holdup about this?

Robvanwees

Yeah, it would be really good to have an integrated equalizer in the Spotify desktop app.

danidux
Yes is the only thing I miss in the iOS app at this moment An equalizar will be great!
timiambeing

So long as you make it an option, if you not getting enough bass out of your headphone get better headphones please - leave the music as it was intended.

carcrazy202

An equalizar would be a great addition to the Spotify App library.  Please add one that gives you precise dB control over your music!

Diastro

Bumpity bump! I totally agree with everyone in this thread. I use the EQ in iTunes very genttly because I have a flat set of speakers and in-ears. It's the only thing I miss in Spotify!

"by timiambeing Wednesday

+1 to this.

Ezazzle

People should be able to change how their music is played.

We should have options like:

Bass booster (louder bass proportion)

bass reducer (less bass)

treble booster (more treble)

treble reducer (less treble)

etc... (apple ipods have great options)

there could also be the option of sliders that the listener can shift around and experament with.

I know the artists create their music in a certain way, thats fine and should be kept while browsing of radio listening.

changes can be isolated just to listener's playlists.

or their changes could even be set differently bassed on the style or mood of the music.

things friends of mine have said:

"sometimes im listening to hip-hop and i want to turn the bass up, other times im just chilling and want to turn down the heavy bass and turn up the middle tones." 

"on my ipod i can turn it to the 'dance' setting, which makes the bass and certain other parts a little more pronounced, spotify doesn't have that"

"I wish i could just tell it to play my classical music nice and even but my disco music with bigger bass!"

Drpepper99uk

Hi,

With Spotify having recently released an update to now make all tracks of high quality and also "extreme" quality, how about adding an EQ into the app? I can't see the point in using my £300 Shure SE535 earphones with just the standard EQ settings when listening to Extreme sync'd or streamed tracks on my iPhone and I'm sure everybody else with a half decent pair of earphones/headphones will also agree!! I like to shape my music to how the earphones respond to whatever I'm listening to.

Mike.