Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Improve Spotify Community Forum Text Box

Improve Spotify Community Forum Text Box

The Spotify community site offers Rich Text and HTML, but it does not retain any of the rich text. The text boxes for the forum should accurately reflect its functionality -- if it says Rich Text when you write, it should post looking just the same (like with WordPress). Below is some rich text formatting to see what happens.

Abstract

The above "Abstract" is in bold face. However (italic) rich text formatting, although offered, is not supported. I like this! That was strikethough.

1. Numbered list 1
  2. and #2
  3. and #3
  • Bulleted list 1
  • and 2
  • and 3

Wow, Comic Sans? That's just offensive.

Monospace fonts are the best.

Although Georgia is a very well designed serif.

Verdana used to be so cool for the web -- oh how things change!

Helvetica is here to stay.

5 Replies

Ha! As you can see above, nothing of the Rich Text I composed was retained. I am going to try HTML here:
  • HTML Unordered List 1
  • and element #2

Nope, so this forum only supports plain-text. And it offers me "Rich Text" and "HTML" as the options in the GUI haha. Even as proportionally spaced and pretty as it may appear, this is plain-text! Kudos to resolve.

I'm not really sure if I understand correctly.

You're saying that you don't see the changes for formatting in the rich text box?

If so, that's weird - cause I do => screenshot

132.jpg

Or did you mean something else? 😉

Alright, it's beginning to appear my OS X and Firefox combo may be the culprit behind this stuff. I don't see any screenshots on this thing, nor do I see HTML or RichText formatting at all. Some cocktail of OS X and Firefox is causing these issues. I will re-test everything I've posted issues about on Windows, Ubuntu, etc. with lots of different browsers.

@TamaLlamaFusion wrote:
Alright, it's beginning to appear my OS X and Firefox combo may be the culprit behind this stuff. I don't see any screenshots on this thing, nor do I see HTML or RichText formatting at all. Some cocktail of OS X and Firefox is causing these issues. I will re-test everything I've posted issues about on Windows, Ubuntu, etc. with lots of different browsers.

I see! Well that sure looks like the combo is at fault there - I moved the topic to the help forum, too.

Do you have the same issues with Chrome or Safari?

Suggested posts