Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a radio plays song you choose as base

It's annoying that when i get to a song i'm feeling, and i right click and go to "start radio" the radio plays a different song then the one i choose. It would be great if spotify just went right into the radio without skipping or even pausing the current song. Then after that played a new song that sounds similar.

Updated: 2015-04-13

Hey guys, we're happy to say this is implemented for Premium users on any device, and Free users using a desktop or tablet. 

Free users on mobile devices can shuffle songs and start radio stations, streaming on demand is still a Premium-only feature

Thanks for all your feedback!

Comments
skbe

i am very impatient to have this feature implemented! it is really necessary for the users to not have the current song skipped, i was astonished when I discovered that it is always like this! please help because spotify is good

drtraviscj

I'd also really like to see this being a feature. The current way is really annoying.

naton

+1 here too. What was the use case for the current behaviour? Make sure people who want to listen to similar songs don't have to listen to the song the whole radio feature is based upon..? Makes no sense. Non-action on this request is a stand against common sense.

This needs to happen - Sooooo annoying when a great song (the one you've just chosen to listen to more of) Gets cut off . . . 

Rocio
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hello folks!

We understand why people like this function so much since we also do! At the moment the radio team is focusing in other cool stuff which will come soon so we are going to mark it as “Not Right now”.

We will be back to this idea in the future so keep adding votes and comments! Thanks so much for the feedback! 🙂

davidcuesta

Itunes genius does this, seems like a very simple bit of code to implement and seems so logical, please add this we need this feature, right now if I want to listen to a song, I play the song and then end up listening to hours of the same artist when i just wanted to listen to that song and then songs similar to it. Otherwise if I hit radio button then it starts playing a completley different song, please fix this.

SJS

We understand that Spotify is forcing listeners to pay for premier service by not allowing to play particular song on Radio, but c'mon this is irritating at best making us force to look for other services. Spotify can be smart by allowing some way for users to allow playing desired song in radio or playlist.  For listening to 1 song nobody will like to pay $9.99! How about spotify allow users to purchase/ gift a single song for listening immediately. They can collect lots of nickles and dimes for amount of music people recommend their friends or listen to.

nilsdavis

MOG does this right, btw (starts radio *after* current song). So there's that. Hard to believe anyone thought the current behavior was the right way to go. Suggests a deeper problem (and I don't mean mental illness).

bkiser18

Today marks the one year anniversary for the inception of this thread.  That makes me realize, this is an issue that will not solved.

Rustem

SJS, the funniest part is, the problem is the same for premium users, too!

Indeed, this should be a default feature: if I search for "come together" by the Beatles, chances are 

1) I want to hear the bloody song

2) I want to hear it once (not all the 50 covers it will have)

3) I will probably want to listen to something not too different once it's finished.

Spotify, FFS, you don't even have to change anything in the global system, just add the button to the app, this will take your coder like 2 hours! This is soooo easy!