Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a radio plays song you choose as base

It's annoying that when i get to a song i'm feeling, and i right click and go to "start radio" the radio plays a different song then the one i choose. It would be great if spotify just went right into the radio without skipping or even pausing the current song. Then after that played a new song that sounds similar.

Updated: 2015-04-13

Hey guys, we're happy to say this is implemented for Premium users on any device, and Free users using a desktop or tablet. 

Free users on mobile devices can shuffle songs and start radio stations, streaming on demand is still a Premium-only feature

Thanks for all your feedback!

Comments

This is not working anymore. I am premium user and it doesn't play the song from the selected radio first (the song is nowhere on the list).

Apscodawg

It's not working and I think I might know why (not how to fix it though). Usually the song of the song radio is first in the radio playlist. One time recently I accidentally removed the song from its own radio list because the button to remove the song was in the same location as the button to togglertoggle (terrible design idea btw). Meant to toggle repeat, ended up removing the song and now everytime I select a radio playlist, the main song isn't there. Maybe it's a bug and not a feature Spotify removed? Either way I wand the song back! Like many others have said, why would I want to listen to a song radio where the song that inspired me is missing...

quemai

Also have this issue. It never used to be like that, we used to be able to listen to the song we like at the start of the playlist. Has this been resolved yet spotify? Please help us spotify! Thanks!

darkspyro1129

They still haven't implemented this ... Atleast on mobile when I see a sing I like and click "goto song radio" the first song that's played when I click "▶️ play radio" it starts off with a similar song as the base instead of the actual song used to create the radio, it's quite annoying. Hope this gets fixed!!

Namisar

This is not 'implemented' If I 'Start Radio' the first song should ALWAYS be that song. Just encountered this on Salvatore Ganacci's song 'Horse'