Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a radio plays song you choose as base

It's annoying that when i get to a song i'm feeling, and i right click and go to "start radio" the radio plays a different song then the one i choose. It would be great if spotify just went right into the radio without skipping or even pausing the current song. Then after that played a new song that sounds similar.

Updated: 2015-04-13

Hey guys, we're happy to say this is implemented for Premium users on any device, and Free users using a desktop or tablet. 

Free users on mobile devices can shuffle songs and start radio stations, streaming on demand is still a Premium-only feature

Thanks for all your feedback!

Comments
dotanb

Just tried it out. On an Android device, I was playing a song. During the listen I went to the song radio but could not find a way to add the song radio playlist to the queue. I was waiting for the song to end, it didn't start to play the song radio playlist. Any suggestions?

Rene01

Hi @dotanb,

That's not how it works indeed. You can't add song radio to the queue. You should have selected the first song of song radio to play that lists.

Something which is a bit related is: autoplay. If you enable that option, simular songs will be played automatically after the music you selected finished.

Hope this helps,

René

skjelsbaek

This feature seems to be removed! When I start a new radio, the base song is not the first one, witch is very enoying! Please fix this!

khalobert

What can we do now? Spotify calls it "implemented" but clearly that is (no longer) the case!?

Has this feature been revoked since implementation 5 years ago? All posts I find about this feature point back to here, only the desktop version for my Family Premium account does not have this feature. Selecting a song, going to "Song Radio" creates a playlist that does not contain the original song

RustyF

This feature is still broken, I think:-

Expected behaviour:

1) you are playing Song X and click song radio;

2) the generated playlist is displayed with Song X as the first song (playing)

3) when the song finishes it continues with the next song in the generated playlist

Actual behaviour:

1) you are playing Song X and click song radio;

2) the generated playlist is displayed with Song X as the first song (not obviously playing from the list)

3) when the song finishes it continues with another song (not from the playlist)

4) (you have to restart the song in the generated playlist to get the playlist to run)

Musico1

Is this possible on premium mobile app (android)???

HollowSavant

problem is currently happening to me and I am a premium user. what happened?

joenelsonmd

this has not been implemented spotify. please fix this. you're pissing me off. 

HollowSavant
It was within spotify until today. At least for me.